Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Difference between men and women standing together.

• 11-07-2012 11:14pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭

It's pretty much the same all over the world, women face each other and look over each other's shoulder to scan the room subtly in pubs and clubs. Men blatantly face the room checking women out obviously.

Now if more men were to face each other the way women do it would help their pulling rates as they wouldn't seem like such desperate sharks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

Wha?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

You're overthinking it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Granted it is wednesday at 11 pm, but I'm getting a definite sense the following is appropriate...

Don't drink and forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Fentdog84

No, I would think not. If men huddled together looking around nervously that would come across as insecure, deep down women like men looking at them in nightclubs/bars

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭rusty_racer94

All I read was, ' Men............ women.... looking ....face. ....yap.. yap.. yap ''.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Gee Bag

It's pretty much the same all over the world, women face each other and look over each other's shoulder to scan the room subtly in pubs and clubs.

I have reason to believe the human mating process is somewhat different in places like Saudi Arabia, Afghanistan, Cavan, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

It's pretty much the same all over the world, women face each other and look over each other's shoulder to scan the room subtly in pubs and clubs. Men blatantly face the room checking women out obviously.

Now if more men were to face each other the way women do it would help their pulling rates as they wouldn't seem like such desperate sharks.

Look, we know that women come closer together to help generate their Aura of Evil, and that men don't, because they're decent and often misunderstood creatures, crushed under the pointy heels of their bosom wielding oppressors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Kevwoody

Pushtrak wrote: »
    Granted it is wednesday at 11 pm, but I'm getting a definite sense the following is appropriate...

Don't drink and forum.

Why is it when someone starts a thread you are always one of the first posters with a sarcastic comment??

If u have nothing sensible to say why bother?

Kevwoody wrote: »
    Why is it when someone starts a thread you are always one of the first posters with a sarcastic comment??

Yep. Let somebody else in early with the sarcastic comments, with maybe a rota system.

Kevwoody wrote: »

Can't a comment be both sensible and sarcastic?

I find the best ones are.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

Maybe,but you have to show youre interested at first glance otherwise she mighnt take notice of you..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Sure of course women are gonna be facing each other. It'd be hard for them to gossip otherwise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭Sea Filly

OP, do you have a filter?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

It's pretty much the same all over the world, women face each other and look over each other's shoulder to scan the room subtly in pubs and clubs. Men blatantly face the room checking women out obviously

My male friends did this; the engaged ones that is.. the coy ones. Only ever looked blatant when they went in for the kill

Women should be doing the approaching by now anyhow as they're much better at all that potential matchmaking. Less likely to be turned down too; granted it's not me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

I think you spend too much time looking at men.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,107 ✭✭✭amacca

Nodin wrote: »
    Look, we know that women come closer together to help generate their Aura of Evil, and that men don't, because they're decent and often misunderstood creatures, crushed under the pointy heels of their bosom wielding oppressors.

Indeed, quite.........now if you'll excuse me I'm off with a snifter of Brandy to smoke my pipe in my silk dressing gown while my wife irons my trousers for the big game tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭passremarkable

every one should just mince each other.end of. quit this charade of who makes first move..both sexes are thinking the same anyway..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭saiint

i think girls are turning into men
    or these girls are just "trans"

girls normaly ask me for me number or come over to me and try and chat me up more then the other way around ha

sometimes now even though mainly young teenagers use it
    their wing-women comes over and bla bla bla trys to get me to like her mate

either way their defo coming out more in the open then they were when i was a young little horny boy

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭PrincessLola

Nodin wrote: »

I think you maybe need to stop and think of the men when you post stuff like this
    For you see it is the men who are bravely fighting the Matriarchy everyday, hoping to overcome their systematic oppression, like adverts implying they can't do the washing, or like the latest Pixar movie being about a GURL, or Womens Studies courses in colleges and NO Mens Studies.
    Nevermind that their has never been a female US president, men are being gently poked fun at in adverts and sitcoms, because wimmin are bitches.
    Won't someone think of the men?

I think you maybe need to stop and think of the men when you post stuff like this
    For you see it is the men who are bravely fighting the Matriarchy everyday, hoping to overcome their systematic oppression, like adverts implying they can't do the washing, or like the latest Pixar movie being about a GURL, or Womens Studies courses in colleges and NO Mens Studies.
    Nevermind that their has never been a female US president, men are being gently poked fun at in adverts and sitcoms, because wimmin are bitches.

What's the female equivalent of White Knighting? Pink Knighting?

• Advertisement

why is it that in all likelihood plenty of women would sign up to a women's studies course in college

but it is unlikely there would be the same number of male applicants signing up to a mans studies course were it to even exist

Are we fighting a losing battle here as we just couldn't even be bothered finding out and trying to quantify just how unjustly society is treating males and remedying it.....aaah penises will soon be a thing of the past, a throwback to more primitive, savage times

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭PrincessLola

amacca wrote: »
    why is it that in all likelihood plenty of women would sign up to a women's studies course in college

but it is unlikely there would be the same number of male applicants signing up to a mans studies course were it to even exist

Are we fighting a losing battle here as we just couldn't even be bothered finding out and trying to quantify just how unjustly society is treating males and remedying it.....aaah penises will soon be a thing of the past, a throwback to more primitive, savage times

And some say Mens Studies has existed in schools and colleges since the dawn of formalised education, they call it 'History'.
    That is of course femnazi propaganda.

Poor men though, imagine that in a world where every Taoiseach and US President has been a man, women still manage to be the real ones in power. Men are well meaning folk you see, they thought that women didn't want to vote or own land until the 20th century. Those bitchy women took advantage of their good nature.

Fight the Matriarchy!

Those bitchy women took advantage of their good nature.

Fight the Matriarchy!

You go girl!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

I think my damage is brained... what's this thread about ?

That's actually so they can help their friends know where they're going when they're approaching men.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Laneyh

Sounds like a lot more mirrors and maybe some traffic lights need to be installed in the pubs and clubs between the women reversing into men accidentally on purpose and the women looking over shoulders of other women.
    A health & safety nightmare.

Isn't it possible women stand facing women because they're talking to each other and it's kind of the social norm to speak to people whilst facing them ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Laneyh

I guess what you're saying is that you're assuming women have subtle ways of scoping the room whereas men are more obviously scanning the room.
    It's possible .. Though no one has ever discussed this tactic with me
    So far as I know the space above my shoulder has not been used as a viewing platform but .. Maybe.

If a guy is very obviously leering it's off putting but if he's just standing at the bar looking around the room I don't think most women would feel threatened.
    I don't know if being more discreet would increase his chances of pulling.. It might be more freaky to learn that he was surreptitiously observing you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭southcentralts

AH battle of the sexes, truth is women always win during the first 3 minutes, when we make eye contact and the battle commences, the women will hold eye contact and converse, while we are driven by instinct to subtly glance at the baps, they when your eyes return to meet hers, she will have a look in them which says 'I own you now'

Except of course if the baps are unimpressive, in which case we lose again by staring at another set of baps. They will never understand how difficult it is to constantly be in search of the perfect pair. It is a curse really and they should cut us some slack...

I cried into my own man-bosoms when I read that.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

When i look at women in the pub, i rub my thighs, so they don't really notice i'm looking. They just think i'm cold. It works a treat. Everyone should try it.

Advertisement