Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony Vaio VGN-CR11Z/R

Options
  • 26-08-2007 3:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭

I just bought one of these and in general I think its great (but thats probably just because its shiny and red). I haven't really had any problems with Vista yet so I actually think its grand in that respect but theres just 2 things that are bugging me and I was wondering if anyone who has one or knows about them might be able to help:

1) Paid nearly €200 more (than the blue/white/pink ones) on the premise that it had (among other things) a 160 gig hard drive as opposed to the 120 in the other ones. Why then when you view the disk space does it say its only got 139 gigs? With only 118 left I might add, even though all I've done since I got it yesterday is d/led Firefox, WinRar, VLC and upgraded to full Norton. I know the hard drive is usually a couple of gigs less than advertised and theres a few gigs put aside for recovery or whatever but down to 139 from 160 before you even put anything on it?? 21 gigs?? Seems a bit strange :confused:

2) The fan noise is surprisingly and frequently audible for a brand new laptop. When you're doing anything at all aside from leaving it sit idle you can hear it going every few seconds. Its not shockingly loud I suppose, maybe I just expected it to be quieter.

Oh and 3) Is it just me or is VAIO online support just ridiculous!? I was made register and login three or four different times in separate areas and I still haven't been able to find any useful FAQ section or anything. :mad: Obviously trying to ruin my shiny new computer happiness

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

with the hdd, read up on how windows measures disk space.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭ArcadeFred

And where would I do that :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

google? basically 139 is right, you weren't short changed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭ArcadeFred

Oh. Well thats alright then I spose! Silly though :mad:

As for this fan business... am I just over reacting since my main reason for getting a new laptop was cos the old one had turned into Thomas the Tank Engine and I couldn't wait to sit in front of my new one in silence!

Advertisement