Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭thewolf_ie

Gavlor wrote: »
    Yup, plenty of training!

Not much running though :D

Ah good stuff "bike ******"! :)

Nice bike though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

Yup, plenty of training!

Not much running though :D

At least you wore the singlet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,176 ✭✭✭Gavlor

thewolf_ie wrote: »
    Ah good stuff "bike wanker"! :)

Nice bike though!

That's only an aul rental bike.... A bit like doing a marathon in a pair of clogs

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭thewolf_ie

That's only an aul rental bike.... A bit like doing a marathon in a pair of clogs

I'd prefer that than a racer. I do a bit of BMX with the little fella. The kids in the skate park laugh at me for some reason.

Brief update,

Plenty of cycling over the past while aswell as a nice few MTB trail spins whilst on hols in the south of france.

I also ran a grand total of 8 miles but it wasn't due to laziness, I split my heel and subsequently picked up an infection. It currently feels like I have a rusty nail going through the sole of my foot if I put any weight on it! Should be sorted over the coming days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭blockic

Better off leaving the running be...you were slow anyway... ;)

blockic wrote: »
    Better off leaving the running be...you were slow anyway... ;)

True that.... Although my speed/training ratio is possibly only bettered by a few Kenyans

Total number of runs completed/attempted so far in july....... zero

I should really change the title of my log. What's the latin for bike??

And no digger, the answer is not Mrs G :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Total number of runs completed/attempted so far in july....... zero

Good to see you are taking this marathon pacing business seriously :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

menoscemo wrote: »
    Good to see you are taking this marathon pacing business seriously :pac:

He thinks he can do it on his bike! Someone should break him the bad news :)

• Advertisement

I'll start training for it after the Sean Kelly 160k which is on August 23rd. That gives me almost 2 months. Be grand.

I did 11.5 laps of the pitch in 12 minutes at preseason training so I can defo still run. What's another 24 miles :D

Edit, prob shouldn't say that... I'm actually looking forward to pacing!

Are you going to bother your hole tapering? :)

We all knew the 3.40 pace group had the most potential for
    -comedy
    -arguments
    -fist fights
    -coming in 10 minutes under or over goal pace
    -a pacee mutiny
    -going off course
    -taking a short cut
    -catching a taxi

All of this has been reaffirmed :)

TRR wrote: »
    Are you going to bother your hole tapering? :)

We all knew the 3.40 pace group had the most potential for
    -comedy
    -arguments
    -fist fights
    -coming in 10 minutes under or over goal pace
    -a pacee mutiny
    -going off course
    -taking a short cut
    -catching a taxi

All of this has been reaffirmed :)

On behalf of the 3.40 group I take offence to that post. We are committed and dedicated pacers who will get the job done.

In fact I'm so sure we'll all come in under 3.40 that I bet you 3 pints (one for each pacer) that we'll get closer to our target time than you will to yours.....

In yo face TRR :D

Sh!te, I forgot I'm the only decent runner in our group....

On behalf of the 3.40 group I take offence to that post. We are committed and dedicated pacers who will get the job done.

In fact I'm so sure we'll all come in under 3.40 that I bet you 3 pints (one for each pacer) that we'll get closer to our target time than you will to yours.....

In yo face TRR :D

OK but we will have to amend it slightly.

Firstly, I'll be hopefully racing my balls off while you three muppets have the potential to stop and jog the final stretch if you're way ahead of schedule. I think you combined times should be taken into account! The absolute times, so if you are over or under these are all added as positive numbers.

Secondly, I've a target time at the moment but that may change in the coming months. I should be allowed to call my target by mid October. Worst case scenario (fingers crossed, please god/allah etc) it will be 5 minutes slower than my current target!

Thirdly, if I'm way under my target but still closer than you three stooges I will gladly buy you a pint each, don some red lipstick and give you a kinky lap dance!

OK but we will have to amend it slightly.

Firstly, I'll be hopefully racing my balls off while you three muppets have the potential to stop and jog the final stretch if you're way ahead of schedule. I think you combined times should be taken into account! The absolute times, so if you are over or under these are all added as positive numbers.

Secondly, I've a target time at the moment but that may change in the coming months. I should be allowed to call my target by mid October. Worst case scenario (fingers crossed, please god/allah etc) it will be 5 minutes slower than my current target!

Thirdly, if I'm way under my target but still closer than you three stooges I will gladly buy you a pint each, don some red lipstick and give you a kinky lap dance!

That sounds fair enough. We'll call 3.39.45 as our target? Your target for the purpose of this wager shall be your London time.

As you know I don't like red lippy so the pint an dance will do.

Finally, you have to guarantee that you will turn up and not run home crying to Mrs TRR should you fail to hit your target.

Finally, you have to guarantee that you will turn up and not run home crying to Mrs TRR should you fail to hit your target.

If I hit my target I'll be there swilling beers talking crap
    If I don't hit my target I'll be there swilling beers talking crap

Just a quick update on the 3.40 pacing group

Gavlor: currently not running, but cycling his BMX around Waterford eating blaas and having the craic.

AuldManKing: Currently not running. According to Facebook on holidays drinking free beer.

Meno: Maybe doing some sort of running. No confirmation but based on previous experience is probably sitting out his back garden drinking craft beer by the crate and eating a healthy snack box from his local chipper. Expect to see craft beer and chicken on his puke drenched t-shirt later!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

Just a quick update on the 3.40 pacing group

Gavlor: currently not running, but cycling his BMX around Waterford eating blaas and having the craic.

AuldManKing: Currently not running. According to Facebook on holidays drinking free beer.

Meno: Maybe doing some sort of running. No confirmation but based on previous experience is probably sitting out his back garden drinking craft beer by the crate and eating a healthy snack box from his local chipper. Expect to see craft beer and chicken on his puke drenched t-shirt later!

Further update....

Gavlor in the doghouse having made further derogatory comments about lipstick....

AMK buying duty free red lipstick for mrs gav....

Meno busy thinking of red lipstick on a Vietnamese boy and potentially frothing

Has a pace group ever generated as much interest/potential for controversy?!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

Has a pace group ever generated as much interest/potential for controversy?!

There'll be about 2000 in our group if this keeps up. It'll be boring if we just pace them to there time!

• Advertisement

There'll be about 2000 in our group if this keeps up. It'll be boring if we just pace them to there time!

If you think we are losing that bet then you have another thing coming! This will be a boring, militant 26.2 miles at whatever pace it is we are supposed to be running... actually I'll look the pace up sometime before October bank holiday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

If you think we are losing that bet then you have another thing coming! This will be a boring, militant 26.2 miles at whatever pace it is we are supposed to be running... actually I'll look the pace up sometime before October bank holiday.

There'll be at least 1 argument with meno.

Even if we have to construct one!!

Topics to include;
    Frank Bruno: best boxer of all time.
    Numerous reasons to be thankful of the English impact on Ireland.
    The folly of being multi lingual
    Just how bad is Ulster GAA.

Topics to include;

Has anybody actually heard him speak another language?? In fact has anybody ever heard him speak proper English?? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Beef

I had no intention of another marathon this year but **** me ye have me tempted just to see what happens. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,606 ✭✭✭RedRunner

Note to self : Step up the training and aim for the 3:30 pacing group!:pac:;)

RedRunner wrote: »
    Note to self : Step up the training and aim for the 3:30 pacing group!:pac:;)

Don't be silly, that'll only end in tears. At least by targeting 3.40 you'll get to see meno ending in tears

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

Topics to include;
    Frank Bruno: best boxer of all time.
    Numerous reasons to be thankful of the English impact on Ireland.
    Just how bad is Ulster GAA.

Go for cholesterol.... It's a sure fire winner. Meno reckons if it grows out of the ground it can't contribute to bad cholesterol... CRISPS essentially grow from the ground!

Also, he used to absolutely hate Rory McIlroy... Now he has a ''Rors'' tattoo.... It's just below the one he has of Gary O'Hanlon's face ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,606 ✭✭✭RedRunner

Don't be silly, that'll only end in tears. At least by targeting 3.40 you'll get to see meno ending in tears

Sure it'll probably end in tears in McGrattans anyway. I don't think there's any couches in there though , so no cleaning bills :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Haha this is great craic :D. For the record Digger, currently en route to Vietnam, will be looking for the red lipstick tonight, sure there is plenty in offer for $5 according to the movies I have seen.

Oh and you other two 'accomplices' any wonder the powers that be put you two unreliables with no pacing experience with me? That's right it's my unmatched 22-0 pacing record. Never f***ed it in all that time unlike TRR who came in 3 minutes under in his first ever attempt. On 27th October take notes!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭blockic

I'd nearly fly home for this!

Advertisement