Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Employers hindering my career.

Options
  • 29-10-2010 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

My story is one of frustration and anger.

Im currently employed by a fairly large company, and I do an exceptionally good job for them based here in Southern Ireland.
    Been doing the job now for almost 6 years, and was the first person they placed in this area, problem is that a few years into the job, they started a new man in a different oart of the country, forced me to hand over my customers in the area he would be based in (without reducing my target or upping my pay) so now they had 2 men, both of us had a smaller catchment area to concentrate on, so more time to develop new customers.

Roll on to the present day, there is now FOUR of us, I STILL have same sales target and STILL no pay rise!

As recently as Aug, they started a person in one of my strongest areas, (admittedly its a 2 hr drive from where i live, where as they live in the area)

Sick of being constantly denied a pay rise, (even a basic one) I approached a competitor asking for a job, who had been aware of the situation, they have basically been aware of whats been happening (small tight knit industry)
    They basically told me their would be ajob there as number 2 in their comany (second only to manager) car, far better salary and far better career oppurtunities.......

BUT, they are afraid to emply me, as my current employees have threatened to withdraw all their business fromthem if they give me a job.

So to sum it up, doing a fantastic job for one firm, who havent increased my salary in over 5 years, the company (large company but only have a business in Ireland) I wish to get started in are a bigger company globally (though smaller in Ireland) but am possibly being prevented employing me by a company bullying them.

I will find out for definite on Tuesday wether or not they have blocked me moving to the other firm, but am wondering if this is legal?

I know one thing, its pretty frustrating!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭tenchi-fan

There's no way to prove they blocked you from the new job. Even if you could prove it, it's unlikely to be illegal.

Advertisement