Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Part time working, what to do??

Options
  • 28-10-2010 7:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Hey,

I may be offered a part time job of 3 days per week. Does anyone know would I be entitled to social welfare for any of the other days?

Would I get any entitlement to rent allowance?

The job does not really pay that great but I would be happy to get working again, at long last! :)

I could be wrong, but do you have to be in a job and have your hours reduced to recieve payments from them or is it this not the case?
    I am on jobseekers allowance almost 1 year.
    Any advice appreciated! Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭moretothegirl

yours wrote: »
    Hey,

I may be offered a part time job of 3 days per week. Does anyone know would I be entitled to social welfare for any of the other days?

Would I get any entitlement to rent allowance?

The job does not really pay that great but I would be happy to get working again, at long last! :)

I could be wrong, but do you have to be in a job and have your hours reduced to recieve payments from them or is it this not the case?
    I am on jobseekers allowance almost 1 year.
    Any advice appreciated! Thanks

You will be entitled to claim for the days you dont work, you can see the formula they use to work out how much you'll receive on welfare.ie.

I dont know about rent allowance but Id imagine its a means test so if your combined income from work and jsa aren't too high then you may be entitled to rent allowance too.

you might get more details if you take a look at the state benefits forum as this isnt really a work problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 yours

okay thanks for that, will take a look at it.

Sorry I posted in the wrong place , didnt know there was an area for that on the site.

Thanks a mill

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭moretothegirl

yours wrote: »
    okay thanks for that, will take a look at it.

Sorry I posted in the wrong place , didnt know there was an area for that on the site.

Thanks a mill

no worries at all, i didnt mean to sound like i was giving out or anything, just meant you might get bit more info and advice on that forum :)

Advertisement