Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

KingFast F9 SSD

Options
  • 26-01-2015 2:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭

I have an old laptop and would like to upgrade it by replacing the HDD with a SSD.
    I researched online and the two brands that usually pops up are Samsung and Crucial.
    I am on a tight budget so was looking for alternative. I am more interested on the 256gb model. Now while browsing i came across KingFast F9 ssd.

I could not find any reviews on it, there are videos on YouTube but they're not english.

I would like to hear some of your opinions about this KingFast F9 ssd.

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,981 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Chines brand, the older F8 got good reviews, medium performance with good pricing. Seems the F9 is very new so nothing out for it at the moment but the performance differential in most SSD's is so low that 99.9% of people will never notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭5star02707

Thanks for the input. There's one on ebay 256gb less than 73 pounds/ 100eu (97.50) to be exact.

Will try my luck and report when i get the SSD.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

5star02707 wrote: »
    Thanks for the input. There's one on ebay 256gb less than 73 pounds/ 100eu (97.50) to be exact.

Will try my luck and report when i get the SSD.

That is not a good price for a gamble....Crucial drives can be bought for very similar money!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Crucial-CT240M500SSD1-240GB-Internal-Solid/dp/B00BQ8RM1A/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1422291174&sr=8-2&keywords=crucial+256

Thanks, too late now tho :( i had Crucial drives before i can't fault it.
    Here's to me trying a new brand. The difference of 16gb is big to me the laptop can only hold 1 ssd making it my OS.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

5star02707 wrote: »
    Thanks, too late now tho :( i had Crucial drives before i can't fault it.
    Here's to me trying a new brand. The difference of 16gb is big to me the laptop can only hold 1 ssd making it my OS.

Yeah, there are full 256GB Crucial drives for a few pounds more!

But let us know how you get on, I reckon you're not in bad shape to be honest. The previous generation got good reviews, so all going well you'll be grand!

• Advertisement

Got my SSD earlier.
    Went ahead to clone my dying hard disk to it and safe to say it's blazing fast for rebooting and opening programs. ;)
    Would definitely recommend this KingFast F9 for a cheaper option to upgrade your computer.

Cheers!

Advertisement