Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gaeltacht- Casca

• 10-10-2014 10:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

Hi guys :) Here's one for the Irish teachers, I'm thinking of going to the Gaeltacht, never have been, to improve my Irish before next June. Do you know if any Gaeltacht's offer Easter Courses? And if so, any recommendations? Do you think it would be worthwhile for me to go?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

Definitely would be worthwhile seeing the the orals are after Easter this year. So if you can do oral practice every day that would be great. Try and stay with a bean an tí and speak as much as you can. A lot of those revision courses just give more essays/notes on poems which you can get in any good notes book.

Alternatively you could spend the money on a grinds teacher who would speak Irish to you for an hour or so a day.

In terms of which are good I know a great one in West Kerry, but really depends on where you live and if you want to spend time in the Gaeltacht when you also need to study for your other subjects.

Advertisement