Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

microsoft word starter 2010

Options
  • 29-01-2015 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Can anyone tell me if Microsoft word starter 2010 is sufficient for typing my new cv? It was already installed on my laptop when I bought it but don't know if it is better to be using another version of word.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FSL

You can use any Word processor, proprietary or open source.

The contents of the CV and the order and manner in which it is presented are far more important.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Abbeymary wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me if Microsoft word starter 2010 is sufficient for typing my new cv? It was already installed on my laptop when I bought it but don't know if it is better to be using another version of word.

Word starter is easily sufficient. It only lacks more advanced features that you never need on a day to day tasks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Abbeymary

Thanks so much for your advice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭SHOVELLER

Is there anywhere to download word and excel without getting massacred with pop ups?!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

SHOVELLER wrote: »
    Is there anywhere to download word and excel without getting massacred with pop ups?!

You would have to purchase Word, or else get a free office suite such as LibreOffice

Nick

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

SHOVELLER wrote: »

why not use apache open office?its free and as far as i know it does all the same things.

https://www.openoffice.org/download/index.html

Advertisement