Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keyboar Layout

Options
  • 28-01-2015 9:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭

I bought a wireless keyboard and mouse but can't find the right keyboard layout. i can't get the backslash symbol to appear. as you can see, the backslash symbol is on the z key but I can't get it to appear. Have tried alternate layouts and pressing AltGR+Z. It's driving me mad :eek: Someone put me out of my misery please

Comments

• Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

What is the make of the keyboard?? At the moment I'm imagining that it's the key, plus some combination of SHIFT/CTRL/Fn...

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Echoes675

I've tried all the CTRL+SHIFT+ALT combinations I can think of...
    THe make is Humlin and model is ST-MKB05W+131

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

eoin_mcg wrote: »
    I bought a wireless keyboard and mouse but can't find the right keyboard layout. i can't get the backslash symbol to appear. as you can see, the backslash symbol is on the z key but I can't get it to appear. Have tried alternate layouts and pressing AltGR+Z. It's driving me mad :eek: Someone put me out of my misery please

Must be a Fn key combo or something cos I see one of the keys has four characters!

mordeith wrote: »
    Must be a Fn key combo or something cos I see one of the keys has four characters!

The keys affected by an Fn combo are written in blue...

Just downloaded KeyTweak from majorgeeks.com and remapped the Caps Lock to be \ Job's a good'n! Cheers for the suggestions all :)

http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/keytweak.html

• Advertisement
  • Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Why not just map

'\' to SHIFT+Z
    '|' to SHIFT+CTRL+Z

as suggested by your keycaps? Caps lock key is kinda handy at times...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

eoin_mcg wrote: »
    The keys affected by an Fn combo are written in blue...

Yeah, I know that. I meant maybe it was Fn + function key (whatever one) plus the relevant key you want to activate?

Advertisement