Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mw2 I DONT WANT HOST

Options
  • 02-03-2010 2:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi, if have 20mb ntl internet and for whatever reason i seem to get host alot mw2 on the xbox. This sounds like a good thing but for whatever reason my friends who live close to me always complain about lag and if anyone from another country joins they leave really quickly. Half the time i end up in games where its 3 on 3 and its really annoying. So after people leave, like 2 ppl might join in the whole game. So its really messed up that way.

I was just wondering if theres anyway for me to stop being host all the time, or better if you could help me figure out why people can never connect properly to me.

I have my firewall off, nat open and opened my ports too.

Any suggestions

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

nothing you can do. I sometimes get selected as host on my 1mb down/128kbps up connection, and its utter shyte. I've nearly given up on the game altogether tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Omnicidal

Its ****ed up like... today i was host every game as per usual but i had no problems. I just guess that ntl is inconsistent and i guess i have to deal with it. I even get host over americans which is weird... its not even a good game but theres not much else to play online these days

• Registered Users Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭death1234567

Omnicidal wrote: »
    its not even a good game but theres not much else to play online these days
    Battlefield Bad Company 2 out tomorrow. "Be there or kindly be square" Apu.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Close your ports for MW2. You will get a strict NAT then and it wont make you host.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,981 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Jumpy wrote: »
    Close your ports for MW2. You will get a strict NAT then and it wont make you host.

I have that, you get booted out of most lobby's after a game immediately. You get kicked if the host drops as a strict NAT won't allow you to redirect to another IP. In general you get kicked out of most things. Still not turning off my NAT though. Its the equivalent to running round Africa screwing everything that moves while using the box of johnny's you had with you to wear as a assortment of hats.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Jonathan_UCD

Omnicidal wrote: »
    Hi, if have 20mb ntl internet and for whatever reason i seem to get host alot mw2 on the xbox. This sounds like a good thing but for whatever reason my friends who live close to me always complain about lag and if anyone from another country joins they leave really quickly. Half the time i end up in games where its 3 on 3 and its really annoying. So after people leave, like 2 ppl might join in the whole game. So its really messed up that way.

I was just wondering if theres anyway for me to stop being host all the time, or better if you could help me figure out why people can never connect properly to me.

I have my firewall off, nat open and opened my ports too.

Any suggestions

Are you using the modem/router combo that UPC gave you. It's not very good for gaming.
    BTW UPC are offering a free upgrade from the 20mb package to the 30mb package.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Omnicidal

Really, those idiots at ntl said the 20 to 30mb update wasnt a free thing at all, im seriously dis illusioned, from ntl lying to me to airtricity people constantly calling to the door(irrelevant i know).... rawrrrrrrrrrrr. Thanks for the replies everyone, ill prob give bad company a go. Ive nothing to lose right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭Btwndeyes

Problem is they never changed iwnet for pc, its stiill set for best connection assuming all hosts have the same machinery( e.g its done for consoles where its uniform performance) the problem is that you might have the best connection but your pc isnt great for the hosting so the connection becomes sh*t!!:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 WoodyNightshade

I have the opposite problem to you mate. I have UPC 100mb broadband and I never get selected for host. In fact, I'm usually on a three bar. My NAT is open and my ping is six for christ's sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

thread is over a year old.

• Advertisement

Does that change my problem?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,104 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Does that change my problem?

Yes, your problem is now one of thread necromancy instead.

Cool story bro.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement