Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Burnout Paradise

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭EireEV

lads & lassies

Picked up this game for PS3 over the week-end and haven't a clue what to do??

nothing on screen to tell you what to do and no commentary - am i missing something?

I have a learner permit and it says in 2 race wins it will be upgraded - where do I start the race and how do I know the course.

Thanks.

EireEV

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Go to any set of traffic lights. Hold the break and the accelerator together. That will start the race.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭EireEV

Thanks for that.

Once the race starts how do I know where I'm going? Is there some sort of an arrow directing me? Or do I consult a map?

Basically the lights are the starting point - where is the finishing point?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 183 ✭✭writetojd

Theres a little compass at the top of th screen that tells you the general direction to go and the distance, the street signs will blink when your approaching a turn. Takes a race or two to get the hang of but its good fun. Road rage is my favourite followed by marked man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

EireEV wrote: »
    Thanks for that.

Once the race starts how do I know where I'm going? Is there some sort of an arrow directing me? Or do I consult a map?

Basically the lights are the starting point - where is the finishing point?

When the race starts the annoying DJ man will show you a map and say "You are here. Now race here" and will show you the finish point. Once the race starts its up to you how to get there. Good idea in theory, terrible in practice. I scream with rage every time I take a wrong turn and end up going round a long winding slip road up to some motorway. What I've taken to doing now is following behind other racers for most of the route just so I can follow the way they go, then try to boost past them on the home run. Well, when I say that's what I do now, I haven't actually played the thing in about 2 weeks.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

IK'm having an absolute blast with Burnout Paradise.
    It's a real quality title and the developers must be sick with the 7s and 8s out of 10 that the game is receiving.
    That criticism that you can't restart a race is just bollox - this is a sandbox game. Do something else. there's always tons of other events nearby.
    Plus StuntRun is awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭roadruner

Burnout Paradise

is it worth buying ??

Marks Out of 10 ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

9/10 for me. Dunno about on PSN but its great fun on xbox live.

Stephen wrote: »
    9/10 for me. Dunno about on PSN but its great fun on xbox live.

Cheers steve, I'm thinking of buying if for the ps3
    anyone else think its good?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

I do. 8/10 because I tend to get lost in some races.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭Fnz

roadruner wrote: »
    I'm thinking of buying if for the ps3
    anyone else thinks its good?

You should just read some professional reviews - you can't expect fair and/or balanced opinions from random Joes on the interwebs. [Link]

IMHO it's a great game with some moderate annoyances. You may rate these annoyances as more (or less) detrimental to the playing experience. I've already aired my grievances in this thread.

Fnz wrote: »
    You should just read some professional reviews - you can't expect fair and/or balanced opinions from random Joes on the interwebs. [Link]

IMHO it's a great game with some moderate annoyances. You may rate these annoyances as more (or less) detrimental to the playing experience. I've already aired my grievances in this thread.

I know what you mean, I was just asking in general out of 10 what the guys on this thread thought of it, I have read loads of reviews which were helpful
    Watching trailers only show the polished and edited 'good bits' just like any movie.
    I have the first version for the PS2 which was 6/10 at best
    So before I buy it I reckon it's worth my while getting opinions from people who have the game already

But thanks for the advice all the same :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

roadruner wrote: »
    I know what you mean, I was just asking in general out of 10 what the guys on this thread thought of it, I have read loads of reviews which were helpful
    Watching trailers only show the polished and edited 'good bits' just like any movie.
    I have the first version for the PS2 which was 6/10 at best
    So before I buy it I reckon it's worth my while getting opinions from people who have the game already

But thanks for the advice all the same :)

I found it gets old as a 1 player game quite quickly. The mulitplayer can be very good though. I'd give it 7 out of 10.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

I'd give it 9/10.
    Looks beautiful, and is lightning fast.
    You'll always find something to in Paradise City.
    On my class A license now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,904 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Now that this is free on PSN+ and most of us have one months use, I'm just downloading it and can't wait to play it. If its any good I was thinkin gof just buying the Ultimate Box as its cheap in town.

One question tho, I saw a few people saying the save from the PSN version won't work with the disk version. Is this true? If so, is there any fix for it. Would be some epic bullsh*t if it is true!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,904 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Raging I didn't pick this up sooner! What an addictive brilliant game!

Advertisement