Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maternity Leave

Options
  • 22-04-2011 11:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

Wondering if anyone can help me? I went on maternity leave in Oct 2010 and just returned to work, now I was working parttime hours due to business levels but where I work then decided to close for the winter after I left, I thought I automatically still accrued my full holiday entitlements plus bank holidays on a 39 hour week but they said as most staff where laid off I only accrued holidays from when we closed to once we reopened?

Is this right or can anyone tell me where I would find out maternity entitlements?

Thanks

M

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭qwertz

Did they give you any notification of this winter closure while you were on leave?

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

yes they did, does that mean its ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Fron the citezens information website:
    Public holidays and annual leave

You are entitled to leave for any public holidays that occur during your maternity leave (including additional maternity leave). The right of employees to leave for public holidays is set down in Section 21 of the Organisation of Working Time Act 1997.

Apart from pay and superannuation, time spent on maternity leave (including additional maternity leave) is treated as though you have been in employment, and this time can be used to accumulate annual leave and public holiday entitlement

You case is a different one, I think you should contact your local information office. I have never seen a case like this, only people who's employer went out of business during their maternity.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭qwertz

maternity wrote: »
    yes they did, does that mean its ok?

I honestly don't know. Consider doing what the previous poster suggested or speak with a legal professional.

Advertisement