Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lagunitas coming Ireland!

Options
  • 17-01-2015 10:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭

I think the Americans make the best beers, and Lagunitas make the best beer in America. They are starting to export to Ireland and should be shops here by mid February and on draft too!

I peed a little when I heard the news!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

Fantastic news, fell in love with their Sumpin-Sumpin when I was in Chicago in October.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Is there a source to this news?

I may have to go out to the 40 foot and celebrate with a Lagunitas IPA :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭HopsAndJumps

aaronm13 wrote: »
    Fantastic news, fell in love with their Sumpin-Sumpin when I was in Chicago in October.

Lil sumpin sumpin is my all time favorite! Hop Stoopid DIPA is so good.

Is there a source to this news?

I may have to go out to the 40 foot and celebrate with a Lagunitas IPA :pac:

The good people at drinkstore. Prices will be competitive, no middle man apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭St. Lupulin

Sweeeeet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Lil sumpin sumpin is my all time favorite! Hop Stoopid DIPA is so good.

I think the Lil Sumpin Extra is nicer. Hop Stoopid is one of my favourite beers and you can usually get it for less than $5.
    Honorable mention to Maximus, thrir Pilsner and Imperial Stout.
    Just had a Brown Shugga last night actually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

I doubt we'll be seeing the specials but you never know. Cant wait for some bottles of Little Sumpin Sumpin, years since I had it. We should run a book on how soon someone on boards says its too sweet, too hoppy, overrated or overpriced :D

Hope its FRESH!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Good news, I was drinking this a long time in SF before I realised just how strong it was

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,586 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Interesting. Let's hope the price isn't along the same lines of a certain other Californian beer. The dreaded Sierra Nevada....

That didnt take long

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭snowblind

Here's a second one....it won't be fresh because it will be shipped from america!

snowblind wrote: »
    Here's a second one....it won't be fresh because it will be shipped from america!

I mean relatively fresh, not straight from the fermenter. No reason we cant get bottles between a month and two months old.

snowblind wrote: »

Bah, I don't touch it if it crosses the Golden Gate Bridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Ipso wrote: »
    Bah, I don't touch it if it crosses the Golden Gate Bridge.

*grabs flaming torch*

faceman wrote: »
    Interesting. Let's hope the price isn't along the same lines of a certain other Californian beer. The dreaded Sierra Nevada....

Sarcasm?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,586 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Sarcasm?

No not at all. Can't stand the stuff. Nor can many beer drinkers in the Bay Area.

No not at all. Can't stand the stuff. Nor can many beer drinkers in the Bay Area.

Hipsters who think SN's too mainstream?

Celebration, Ruthless Rye and Torpedo are world class. There's no disputing this, really.

Can't wait til Hop Hunter arrives in Ireland, hopefully in a month or two...

I will admit that I don't really like SN Pale Ale anymore though. Loved it when I first got into craft but now just keep on getting that soapy aftertaste all the Anchor beers have.

Still respect it's gangster though, that beer is an O.G. in the game.

Safeway and Trader Joes disagree with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Celebration, is possibly one of the best Fresh hop ales out there, along with it been a dam good red IPA too

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Sierra Nevada is a bench mark for great beer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭lk67

The founder, Tony Magee, was on The Brewing Network The Session this month.

Entertaining interview.

Mind you The BN is usually entertaining if you can put up with or enjoy the shenanigans!

I love celebration & ruthless rye, Torpedo does nothing for me, I think its overrated.

Just home from drinkstore. Lagnuitas beers will be cheaper than SN. Apparently the head of Lagunitas is coming to Ireland for the launch. Beers will be on draft in a few bars across the city.

I want to shake the mans hand! Hop stoopid got me through my divorce :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

I love celebration & ruthless rye, Torpedo does nothing for me, I think its overrated.

Just home from drinkstore. Lagnuitas beers will be cheaper than SN. Apparently the head of Lagunitas is coming to Ireland for the launch. Beers will be on draft in a few bars across the city.

You can get the IPA in Wetherspoons for 2.45

Any idea what bars will be carrying Lagnuitas when it launches?

You can get the IPA in Wetherspoons for 2.45

That is great value. I'm sure the operation they opened in Chicago was a big factor in this move.

aaronm13 wrote: »
    Any idea what bars will be carrying Lagnuitas when it launches?

Ive no idea. But ill be there with bells on! Not a big fan of Lagnuitas IPA. Maximus IPA is top!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

Ah here, it's a world class brewery, they can charge the same as Sierra Nevada in my books. I don't see paying a small premium for the best beers available an issue, especially when I'm paying close to that for a mediocre Irish pale ale

Ive no idea. But ill be there with bells on! Not a big fan of Lagnuitas IPA. Maximus IPA is top!

Hopefully The Black Sheep and Against the Grain are some of the lucky ones who'll carry it.

I'm in Calfornia again enjoying the Lagunitas at the moment. (Im here about 5 times a year) Do we know what variety in it we'll get?

I was enjoying some of the dark honey bottles last night. Not for the faint hearted!

As for my comment about Sierra Nevada,I personally think it's over rated and very much over priced in Dublin. Only one of my California friends drinks it, the rest stick with other beers. Lagunitas is very popular.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I'm in Calfornia again enjoying the Lagunitas at the moment. (Im here about 5 times a year) Do we know what variety in it we'll get?

I was enjoying some of the dark honey bottles last night. Not for the faint hearted!

As for my comment about Sierra Nevada,I personally think it's over rated and very much over priced in Dublin. Only one of my California friends drinks it, the rest stick with other beers. Lagunitas is very popular.

Guinness is very popular too, as is that Budweiser beer I hear a lot about.

Advertisement