Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bicycle theft

Options
  • 06-11-2014 1:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Help Dublin Cycling Campaign and Cyclist.ie - The Irish Cycling Advocacy Network - tackle Bike Theft by completing Dublin Cycling Campaign's 5 minute "Bike Theft & Security Survey"

Bike Theft & Security Survey: Go to Dublin Cycling Campaign or Cyclist.ie web-sites and Facebook pages for URL.

The survey will be available from 6 November to 31 December 2014.

Great prizes on offer for those who complete the survey including a Trek 7.0 Gents or Ladies Hybrid worth €450 from ThinkBike in Rathmines. Loads of other spot prizes including top quality locks, bike accessories and free insurance.

Thanks to all our other sponsors including 2Wheels, Cycle Bike, Cyclesure, Cycleways, Cycle Superstore, Giant Dublin, Pand K cycles, The Bike Institute, Freewheeling, Hollingsworth Cycles, Dublin2Bike, Eurocycles & Donnybrook Bikes.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Completed there

Something that really needs to be tackled. There is no option for multiple thefts (which I and many others i am sure have been a victim of :()

• Registered Users Posts: 23 DrMike

naughtb4

Thanks for that suggestion.

Does Q. #2 not capture multiple thefts?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

Dont keep your bikes at the Luas stop under Connolly station. A lot of thefts reported there.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

DrMike wrote: »
    naughtb4

Thanks for that suggestion.

Does Q. #2 not capture multiple thefts?

Meant more on the map

• Registered Users Posts: 23 DrMike

We will try to amend the map function.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Hi Dr Mike,

I don't think the question with the map is clearly stated. i.e. it doesn't indicate that this is the location of a theft. I responded to the survey and was confused by that question as I never had a theft. I assumed it was looking for my location.

EDIT:
    Specify the location for this entry by clicking/tapping the map or by using one of the following options.
    This is the text I'm referring to. It's explained at the top of the page in the guidelines for completing the form, but not where the question is asked.
    Steps in survey

Step 1: Answer the questions

Step 2: Below the questions you`ll see a street map of Dublin. Double click on map to zoom in to indicate exactly where your bike was stolen.

Step 3: Click the `Submit` button below the map once you`ve indicated the location of the theft.
    Again, Step 3 implies that there was a theft.

I hope this feedback is helpful. I commend your efforts and work on this issue.

B

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

This is a great idea but can I ask about the methodology? It just seems that people who have had their bikes stolen are a lot more likely to fill out a survey which is about bikes being stolen than those who aren't?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭TheBandicoot

Well in that case, I just filled it in, as someone who does not even own a bike.

By the way, the link for the survey is this, for convenience.

Also, yes, you need to fix section 2. It makes no sense to select a location for my bike theft when I indicated previously I have not been a victim of bike theft.

Advertisement