Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAT JUST HAD A KITTEN 10 MINS AGO..HELP?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭Jesus1222

Slightly OT but can I ask an honest question. With so many cats and dogs being put down in rescue homes what do you get from breeding even more of them? If the cats became pregnant when they were out and about why weren't they spayed?

I'd love to breed dogs but I just couldn't justify it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭PCros

Jesus1222 wrote: »
    Slightly OT but can I ask an honest question. With so many cats and dogs being put down in rescue homes what do you get from breeding even more of them? If the cats became pregnant when they were out and about why weren't they spayed?

It depends it could have been a stray, we took in a stray 6 month old kitten and we found out a week later she was pregnant.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭gversey

Took it in 2 months ago..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

For my part [any my partner], we made sure that we got a kitten from an animal shelter. She was about 12 weeks old. Kept her indoors [except the odd time out the back under close supervision] until she was spayed. She loves the outdoors now but only stays out for an hour or two at a time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭lubie76

In fairness to the OP. They mentioned neutering the cat in the first post and I think they know it should have been done. I just hope they can find good homes for all the kittens and make sure they are all going to be neutered so they don't continue to add to the huge cat population in Ireland.

• Advertisement
Advertisement