Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Next Anime/Video Game Con in Dublin?

Options
  • 25-01-2015 11:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

Hey guys, I went to Eirtakon back in November (I think it was November anyway :P ), and I had such a good time. A friend told me about it which is how I found out about it. Now I'm wondering when is the next big sorta anime/video game convention on, I'd appreciate any suggestions!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Butterscotch

If you are talking Dublin, I think the next big anime, gaming event is Anime Dublin in April. There is KaizokuCon an anime, gaming convention held in Cork on the 27th Feb-1st of March. Fab line up of guests!

I am not too well up on the gaming conventions sorry.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

There is KaizokuCon an anime, gaming convention held in Cork on the 27th Feb-1st of March. Fab line up of guests!

I am not too well up on the gaming conventions sorry.

I must try and get to that!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

I must try and get to that!

Heading down to it myself. Great craic last year, probably my favourite despite how good Nom-Con and Eirtakon were.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,367 ✭✭✭Dartz

UCC's a great venue for Con's.

Also helps when you don't have to worry about getting home since you're accomodation is accross the road. I don't 'travel' to other cons, which means leaving time to get home by taxi/bus, or staying sober and driving it.

Everything else is just sort of shoehorned into the venue that the con can afford, it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Dartz wrote: »
    UCC's a great venue for Con's.

Also helps when you don't have to worry about getting home since you're accomodation is accross the road. I don't 'travel' to other cons, which means leaving time to get home by taxi/bus, or staying sober and driving it.

Everything else is just sort of shoehorned into the venue that the con can afford, it seems.
    Yeah, it's great craic. Helps when you go with friends and have a surplus of good accomodation just outside campus.

Started your Gundam yet Dartz? I haven't started the Metal Slug yet myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,367 ✭✭✭Dartz

Nope. Still trying to build a shadowrun game. Failed completely, because I completely underestimated the time taken to do it.

Advertisement