Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camper van wanted for just 1 week in september...

Options
  • 01-04-2013 11:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭

Heres the thing i need a camper-van in kerry for one week in september...

I will be taking part in a fishing competition called the dawia pairs and i will be fishing 24/7....

I am extremely clean and will not in no circumstances take advantage... i was promised a renault master but that all fell through...

Please please can somebody help is it very important... Even somewhere i could buy one cheap, once it has a good engine i can tidy the rest up myself....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭danbrosnan

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ANY ONE CAN HELP!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭AutostratusEB

If you are willing to go as far as buying one for a week's use, why don't you just rent? Loads of motorhome/campervan rental places would be delighted with the business in September.

People don't tend to lend their €20k+ campervans and then there is the insurance issue also.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭danbrosnan

If you are willing to go as far as buying one for a week's use, why don't you just rent? Loads of motorhome/campervan rental places would be delighted with the business in September.

People don't tend to lend their €20k+ campervans and then there is the insurance issue also.

I have looked at renting but the prices are huge... and to be honest i don't want one thats worth 20k, i would take one thats worth 500, i would love to get one very cheap and do it up, that was my plan i was getting a renault master for 400, the engine was top notch but needed spraying and interior needed work...

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭AutostratusEB

danbrosnan wrote: »
    I have looked at renting but the prices are huge... and to be honest i don't want one thats worth 20k, i would take one thats worth 500, i would love to get one very cheap and do it up, that was my plan i was getting a renault master for 400, the engine was top notch but needed spraying and interior needed work...

This is not intended to in anyway sound glib or smart alekky but if I had 500 quid to spend and I was going to be fishing 24/7 I would buy a tent and a good sleeping bag and bank the balance. You will be more comfortable and warmer than in a 500 quid resprayed van with a mattress in the back. September is cushy for sleeping out in a tent. Just a thought.

Advertisement