Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

European Cups, Domestic Cups and Internationals Thread 2015/16

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,772 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Squawka Football ‏@Squawka 2h2 hours ago
    Alexis Sanchez this season:

• No goals first 8 games
    • 7 goals in 4 games
    • No goals in 7 games
    • 2 goals vs Dinamo

Start of another run?

Screenshot_100.png

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Man City XI vs. Juventus: Hart; Sagna, Demichelis, Otamendi, Clichy; Fernando, Fernandinho; Toure, Navas, De Bruyne; Aguero.
    Man United XI vs. PSV: De Gea; Darmian, Smalling, Rojo, Blind; Schweinsteiger, Schneiderlin; Lingard, Rooney, Memphis; Martial.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,346 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Just died a little inside

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,355 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

i can't believe Aguero starts.

Pellegrini is going to cut his career 2 or 3 years short. he has no fúcking clue what he's doing.

I can't believe I did the early transfer now.

Fúcking hell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

SlickRic wrote: »
    i can't believe Aguero starts.

Pellegrini is going to cut his career 2 or 3 years short. he has no fúcking clue what he's doing.

I can't believe I did the early transfer now.

Fúcking hell.

And to top it all off I could have still afforded him for Pelle tonight :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Im not surprised at all that aguero starts city will want to top the group. The last couple of years they finished 2nd and drew barca. This is a really important game for them. The league there is another 25 games to go to win it. Tonight's game is bigger for them than Saturdays game.

Clichy starting aswell should see kolorav start the weekend. Sterling not starting could mean him up top on sat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Im not surprised at all that aguero starts city will want to top the group. The last couple of years they finished 2nd and drew barca. This is a really important game for them. The league there is another 25 games to go to win it. Tonight's game is bigger for them than Saturdays game.

Was just about to post why all the surprise. CL is a huge priority for them and they need a result tonight.

Conundrum for me re Sterling now. Was gonna get rid but maybe patience for one more week would be wise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Man City XI vs. Juventus: Hart; Sagna, Demichelis, Otamendi, Clichy; Fernando, Fernandinho; Toure, Navas, De Bruyne; Aguero.
    Man United XI vs. PSV: De Gea; Darmian, Smalling, Rojo, Blind; Schweinsteiger, Schneiderlin; Lingard, Rooney, Memphis; Martial.
    If that front 4 goes well for united mata becomes a problem for me and atbthe worst possible time with delicous fixtures after Saturday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

I brought Aguero in Sunday night and not surprised he starts. This is a big game for Man City and he's the only fit striker.

However, I do think (bar injury) that he plays Saturday. He will be rested for the Capital 1 cup game next week. If he's rested at the weekend that's 10 days off, that won't be the plan if they are trying to get him match fit.

I can see him subbed after 70 tonight and maybe 80 at the weekend.

• Advertisement

Benimar wrote: »
    I brought Aguero in Sunday night and not surprised he starts. This is a big game for Man City and he's the only fit striker.

However, I do think (bar injury) that he plays Saturday. He will be rested for the Capital 1 cup game next week. If he's rested at the weekend that's 10 days off, that won't be the plan if they are trying to get him match fit.

I can see him subbed after 70 tonight and maybe 80 at the weekend.

Pellegrini said last week that Aguero can't play two or three matches in a week though. I wonder whether you're more at risk of tweaking a muscle with a full warmup prematch and 60 mins or coming on as a sub for 30 mins. In any case, I brought him in Sat since I had exact money so nothing to do besides hope for the best. I certainly wouldn't be captaining him

Pellegrini said last week that Aguero can't play two or three matches in a week though. I wonder whether you're more at risk of tweaking a muscle with a full warmup prematch and 60 mins or coming on as a sub for 30 mins. In any case, I brought him in Sat since I had exact money so nothing to do besides hope for the best. I certainly wouldn't be captaining him

I remember Michael Owen, who had similar issues, saying it was far better to start as you had a full warm up and were less likely to do damage than coming on as sub, even if it was a planned sub.

Pellegrinis quote was from before the Liverpool game, so maybe Aguero came through better than expected and the plan changed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Guaranteed he'll start Saturday too though :pac:

SantryRed wrote: »
    Guaranteed he'll start Saturday too though :pac:

Ye I'd say he more than likely will.

The tension is unbearable. Dozens of ye watching this thread in terror of bad news about you know who! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

FHFC wrote:
    The tension is unbearable. Dozens of ye watching this thread in terror of an "Aguero down clutching hamstring" post!! :D

My heart! :eek:
    I saw your post and all I read was Aguero and hamstring

spock. wrote: »
    My heart! :eek:
    I saw your post and all I read was Aguero and hamstring

Sorry. I thought I'd introduced it more than enough not to be mistaken as a real shout!!!

And....breathe.

Aguero subbed off. NOT injured.

Benimar wrote: »
    And....breathe.

Aguero subbed off. NOT injured.

Phewww

Hart was subbed off injured

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

Hart was subbed off on 81 mins?

was it an injury?

I was eying him up as Begovic's replacement.

Hart was subbed off injured

no hart
    no kompany
    no clean sheets

No Coutinho

Confirmed #LFC team v @girondins: Mignolet, Clyne, Toure, Lovren, Moreno, Lucas, Allen, Milner, Ibe, Firmino, Benteke

Sturridge is injured again

Foot. He's running out of bits to break.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-injury-news-daniel-10510226

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,578 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Kane got spurs goal

benteke won a penalty for Liverpool BUT milner took and scored it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Benteke goal (Clyne assist)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Such a pity. Apparently he has played 70 games for Liverpool but missed 68.

• Advertisement

Caballero Sagna Otamendi Mangala Clichy Delph Fernandinho KDB Silva Navas Bony
    Subs: Wright, Humphreys, Demichelis, Kolarov, M.Garcia, Sterling, Iheanacho #cityvhull #mcfc

#scfc Starting XI vs @swfc: Butland; Johnson, Wilson, Wollscheid, Pieters; Cameron, van Ginkel; Walters (c), Afellay, Arnautovic; Crouch

Everton XI (to play @Boro) Joel, Galloway, Funes Mori, Stones, Coleman, Barry, Osman (c), Cleverley, Barkley, Deulofeu, Lukaku. #MIDvEFC

Happy that clichy is starting that's kolorav playing at the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

I wouldn't say no to a Barkley injury tonight :P

Happy that clichy is starting that's kolorav playing at the weekend.

I think Kolarov is firmly first choice now and if anything we'd see him rested in a match like Arsenal away where I wouldn't want to start anyway

Bony (kdb)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

Proud moment as a Deulofeu owner, nice goal!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Guys can we stop wishing injuries on players please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

International/cup goalscorers do have a tendency to blank at the weekend though.

I'd nearly be happier to see my player(s) do nothing, they can't score/assist in every game (unless you're Vardy/Ozil), better to get the bad games out of the way midweek like this.

Lukaku (Deulofeu). Another great goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,827 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Big ROM, a model of consistency these days....

International/cup goalscorers do have a tendency to blank at the weekend though.

I'd nearly be happier to see my player(s) do nothing, they can't score/assist in every game (unless you're Vardy/Ozil), better to get the bad games out of the way midweek like this.

It is quite annoying that my player is getting 13 points as it stands instead of the usual couple :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭Steven81

It is quite annoying that my player is getting 13 points as it stands instead of the usual couple :rolleyes:

Just thinking the same, Delofelu goal and assist and Lukaku goal and Butland keeping a cs. See them having a quiet upcoming weekend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

I think Kolarov is firmly first choice now and if anything we'd see him rested in a match like Arsenal away where I wouldn't want to start anyway

I don't see how Kolarov is firmly first choice yet as Clichy is not long back to full fitness. I think they will be rotated almost 50/50 over the season.

irish son wrote: »
    I don't see how Kolarov is firmly first choice yet as Clichy is not long back to full fitness. I think they will be rotated almost 50/50 over the season.

Kolarov was first choice at the end of last season with Clichy fit. Clichy got a red against a Barca and from that point on it was 8 starts for Kolarov and 4 for Clichy. Kolarov has also been very good this season. I'm expecting 3:1 Kolarov to Clichy personally

Kolarov was first choice at the end of last season with Clichy fit. Clichy got a red against a Barca and from that point on it was 8 starts for Kolarov and 4 for Clichy. Kolarov has also been very good this season. I'm expecting 3:1 Kolarov to Clichy personally

Ye I agree with that. It's why I went with kolorav at the start of the season. I remember being surprised that pellegrenni stuck with kolorav for the last 5 or 6 games of last season. He will be rotated but it's his shirt to lose. Having said that I may sell him in a few weeks to free up funds .

Bardsley and ineacho goals

Kdb goal

Sterling assist for Iheanacho I believe

Gonna take balls not to get KDB back in for Sanchez if you don't already have him.

KevIRL wrote: »
    Kdb goal

And another

City cs gone

• Advertisement
Advertisement