Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gameweek Odds Thread - FPL 2015/2016

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭tomaussie

PARlance wrote: »
    Villa 5/1, yes please.

If the bookies have made a mistake this week it looks like Stoke to me. I see nothing but a comfortable home win and have captained Bojan because it it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

There's a good weekly article on FFS now that sums up GW odds from bookies: http://www.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk/2015/10/02/what-the-bookies-say-gameweek-8/

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

There's a good weekly article on FFS now that sums up GW odds from bookies: http://www.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk/2015/10/02/what-the-bookies-say-gameweek-8/

Massive problem with that is he/she doesn't use the best odds available which doesn't give a true perception.

For example, he/she has City as 17/20 to keep a clean sheet which makes you think it's pretty likely to happen - less so when you see you can get 1/1 with other bookmakers. De Bruyne is listed on that article as 4/5 to score at anytime but is actually available at 7/4, a whopping difference really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Paully D wrote:
    Massive problem with that is he/she doesn't use the best odds available which doesn't give a true perception.

For example, he/she has City as 17/20 to keep a clean sheet which makes you think it's pretty likely to happen - less so when you see you can get 1/1 with other bookmakers. De Bruyne is listed on that article as 4/5 to score at anytime but is actually available at 7/4, a whopping difference really.

Agreed. 4/5 on De Bruyne is absolutely taking the p*ss

https://www.betbright.com/football/outrights/fantasy-premier-league-2015-16/week-8

Haven't done a bet on this in a while.
    Kolarov @ 250/1 stands out to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

spock. wrote: »
    https://www.betbright.com/football/outrights/fantasy-premier-league-2015-16/week-8

That does seem pretty good value alright. Its like they always stick a real tempter in at 250!

And 1/2 Aguero is just beyond ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,825 ✭✭✭✭CSF

jimmii wrote: »
    And 1/2 Aguero is just beyond ridiculous.

I'd lay at that price to anyone who wants to bet. But I can see why they don't want to give a realistic price on a market like this.

CSF wrote: »
    I'd lay at that price to anyone who wants to bet. But I can see why they don't want to give a realistic price on a market like this.

Yeh but its miles from being realistic! 2/1 I wouldn't even be going too crazy about it. Does he really have a better than 33% chance of being the top scorer? I'm not even sure he does. 1/2 is one of the worse value prices I have ever seen. I guess with such a small market its entirely possible someone got on straight away with a relatively big bet and at 1/2 they are basically just shutting the book on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

jimmii wrote: »
    That does seem pretty good value alright. Its like they always stick a real tempter in at 250!

That's how they make money:D

They have lots of players at 250/1, every single one being a contender.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,237 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

spock. wrote: »

Has kolarover been removed?

Has kolarover been removed?

No but he's been shortened to 99/1

• Registered Users Posts: 6,114 ✭✭✭Invincible

This weeks odds.

https://m.betbright.com/football//outrights/fantasy-premier-league-2015-16/week-12

If anyone's interested, some head to head markets have been opened up.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Anyone have clean sheet odds for next weekend? I need to pick 3 from...

Nyom away to Villa
    Souare home to Newcastle
    Kolarov home to Saints
    Bellerin away to Norwich
    Bertrand away to City

At the minute I'm going Souare, Kol and Bellerin. Nyom does have a decent fixture though.

Lemlin wrote: »
    Anyone have clean sheet odds for next weekend? I need to pick 3 from...

Nyom away to Villa (2/1)
    Souare home to Newcastle (7/5)
    Kolarov home to Saints (11/8)
    Bellerin away to Norwich (7/5)
    Bertrand away to City (11/2)

At the minute I'm going Souare, Kol and Bellerin. Nyom does have a decent fixture though.

I put the odds next to the players. I have a similar problem, have to bench one of Moreno, Delaney, Kolarov, and Bellerin. Delaney would be the easy one since he's cheapest and doesn't have as much attacking threat, but Newcastle have been woeful last two matches. I'm currently benching Bellerin because Coquelin is out, but maybe Kolarov is the better one to bench

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Where does Galloway away to Bouremouth come in?

Green&Red wrote: »
    Where does Galloway away to Bouremouth come in?

12/5. Keep an eye on Baines though, he's played some reserves football

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Sourced and sorted these as part of my ponderings so may as well share.

They backed up my gut for my own defence to play my three cheaper defenders and bench my dear ones. Palace, Liverpool and WBA ahead of Spurs and Arsenal.

Clean sheet odds GW17

CHE 4/6
    MUN 10/11
    LIV 6/4
    SWA 6/4
    NEW 13/8
    STO 7/4
    WBA 15/8
    EVE 21/10
    SOT 11/5
    CPL 9/4
    BOU 23/10
    TOT 23/10
    ARS 13/5
    WHM 11/4
    MCI 3/1
    WAT 3/1
    AVL 10/3
    LEI 4/1
    NOR 11/2
    SUN 13/2

Many seem to be having the same conundrum over defenders. In case you missed the odds above during the week I'll bump.

They back the likes of WBA, Palace and Liverpool over Arsenal, Spurs and City.

Not by much in some cases but helped me follow my gut. City are nearly the same price as Villa!

Odds are Paddy Power.

• Advertisement

Anyone have clean sheet odds? I need to pick 3 of Alder, Bellerin, Dawson, Souare and Nyom.

Lemlin wrote:
    Anyone have clean sheet odds? I need to pick 3 of Alder, Bellerin, Dawson, Souare and Nyom.

Arsenal 2.1
    Palace 2.4
    West Brom 2.45
    Spurs 2.6
    Watford 4.0

(william hill)

Have Alder or Simpson better clean sheet odds this weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Lemlin wrote: »
    Have Alder or Simpson better clean sheet odds this weekend?

Simpson (17/10 vs 13/5) William Hill

Simpson (17/10 vs 13/5) William Hill

That's what I expected thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

My decision of the week is Moreno v Evans to start. Bookies heavily favour Moreno (13/8 to 7/2) but I have Evans starting right now since Soton haven't been prolific recently and derby matches are so unpredictable

My decision of the week is Moreno v Evans to start. Bookies heavily favour Moreno (13/8 to 7/2) but I have Evans starting right now since Soton haven't been prolific recently and derby matches are so unpredictable

Surprised at those odds. I have Evans starting too, hadn't really considered Moreno ahead of him...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Advertisement