Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with Panasonic TX-L32X20L

Options
  • 27-03-2014 9:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,622 ✭✭✭

The TV is just over 2 years old and recently has started to switch itself off - when it does this the remote is inoperable and the LED light at the front flashes red continuously. The only way to get it going again is to turn it off/on at the switch and then it may go fine for a while before repeating the process again.

Anyone any ideas what might be causing this and if it can be fixed?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭AndersKP

creedp wrote: »
    The TV is just over 2 years old and recently has started to switch itself off - when it does this the remote is inoperable and the LED light at the front flashes red continuously. The only way to get it going again is to turn it off/on at the switch and then it may go fine for a while before repeating the process again.

Anyone any ideas what might be causing this and if it can be fixed?

Thanks

Hi,

Flashing red lights would suggest a fault. Normally the lights flash in a pattern that would tell an engineer where the fault lies.

I would advise you to take it to an authorized repair centre ( there are many dotted around Ireland North and South) or return it to the store you purchased.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,622 ✭✭✭creedp

AndersKP wrote: »
    Hi,

Flashing red lights would suggest a fault. Normally the lights flash in a pattern that would tell an engineer where the fault lies.

I would advise you to take it to an authorized repair centre ( there are many dotted around Ireland North and South) or return it to the store you purchased.

In my impatience I took off the back and blew out any dust that had gathered. Put the back on again and hey presto its working fine again - for however long!

Point taken about authorised repair centre - that will be my next port of call.

creedp wrote: »
    In my impatience I took off the back and blew out any dust that had gathered. Put the back on again and hey presto its working fine again - for however long!

Point taken about authorised repair centre - that will be my next port of call.

Ah result, happy days!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,622 ✭✭✭creedp

AndersKP wrote: »
    Ah result, happy days!!

I'm afraid the problem has re-occurred so its back to getting it looked to see if it can be fixed.

Ah bad craic. If you haven't already done anything check the site below to get your nearest repair agent. Could be the smallest thing.

http://panasonic.eu/ServiceCenter/en_GB/index_uk.html

• Advertisement
Advertisement