Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

My new baby

• 26-04-2010 5:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭

Well, after many years as a BMW fan, I have gone over to the other side and gotten myself a "new" car. My previous was a 1990 735, (pics posted on here somewhere) but now, as I love big cars, I have gotten a 1997 Jaguar XJ6. She has the full spec, air con, cruise control, electric memory seats, all leather, etc. etc. Mileage is a bit high at 163k, but with only two previous owners, I'm happy enough. The body and alloys need a little tidying to bring it back to new and the interior is mint, with everything working!! I will keep you posted, with pics of any repairs etc. I got it for little money, as you do, and am used to the hefty road tax bill from the BMW, so I just bite the bullet in that regard. One of the first jobs I will tackle, is to replace the rear shock bushes and mounts and probably the anti roll bar bushes also. Otherwise, one very happy camper and I'm looking forward to putting her on the road in August. (Long story) Aside from that, I have a very clean 1990 BMW 735i up for grabs, full leather, very straight, if anyone is interested in a very nice car for little money. Just a few small jobs need doing to it................

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,719 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Well wear, classy Jag :)

I hope the E32 is not going to the great car park in the sky now though :(

63K a bit high on a 13 year old car :eek:
    Happy motoring with her anyway, looks good except for the bumper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭pcardin

Nice motor! Congrats!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Nephilim Wolf

Very nice. What are the specs on this car? I also heard these Jags have two petrol tanks, although I don't know if this is true or not,:confused: but if it is, I'd imagine the cost of petrol for it then would be astronomical.:eek: Otherwise its a class looking car, and I hope you'll have no problems with it.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Always like Jags.. well wear!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

RoverJames wrote: »
    63K a bit high on a 13 year old car :eek:
    Happy motoring with her anyway, looks good except for the bumper.

check again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

Mileage seems ok to me works out at around 12.5k a year,well wear!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 97 ✭✭T83

One of my uncles bought one of these a few years ago... said it was the 1st car he's ever owned where he could physically see the needle drop when he put the boot down, so best of luck at the pumps :D

Well wear with it though, really plush and comfy cars!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Are you going to sort the bumper as well?

ottostreet wrote: »
    check again!

must have changed it !!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭richardsheil

That's not a baby.

It's a car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

That's not a baby.

It's a car.

Ahem...

OP well wear. Nice colour too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Nice one OP. Let us know how ye get on with the bushes on it! I've to do mine on a BMW..slightly dreading it!!

Oh and get rid of air freshener :D I put mine around the gear stick.. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭pcardin

T83 wrote: »
    One of my uncles bought one of these a few years ago... said it was the 1st car he's ever owned where he could physically see the needle drop when he put the boot down, so best of luck at the pumps :D
    In fairness, allthese huge luxobarges, like S-class, 7-series, A8 etc. do the same. They have a huge engines and originally they were build for people who didn't count coins for petrol. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭sogood

Many thanks for all the encouraging posts. The petrol issue doesn't really bother me, as I used to average around 28mpg on the BMW which is a 3.5 litre, whereas the jag is only 3.2! The road tax is a bit of a killer, but you just have to bite the bullet on that matter. Yes, I will definitely be sorting out the bumper and any other blemishes, including the alloys etc. I will post before and after pics of this work, including any work in progress and the same goes for bushes etc. As for spec, almost too much to mention, but includes, full leather, air con, cruise control, all electric sunroof, windows, mirrors, vanity lights in the sun visors, electric memory seats,which are electrically heated, auto adjusting intermittent wiper, depending on road speed, same as the volume on the radio, which increass with speed, to compensate for extra (almost non existant road and engine noise) eight speaker sound system, including a tape player and Jaguar fitted 6 CD changer. A nice touch is the fact that the drivers seat and steering wheel retract when the key is removed from the ignition, allowing for easier exiting from the car. It then returns tyo your memory setting when you insert the key again! Every original booklet and piece of paperwork came with the car, including the almost complete toolkit, hidden under the bonnet. A few more pics to drool over are included and in response to unkel, the 7 series will hopefully find it's way to a good home, if anyone is interested in a nice car for small money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,719 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Interior looks in great condition

The spare bulbs and fuses in the toolkit is a great idea - all cars should have that!

And do I spot 3 3-point seatbelts in the rear? Unusual for a car in this class. There's typically only a lap belt in the middle. I'm sure your E32 was like that?

Advertisement