Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finishing BTEA and the summer.

Options
  • 16-04-2014 11:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭

Hey guys just wondering what date does BTEA payments finish for the summer, when college classes end or when the exams end? Also does it take long to go from BTEA back to JSA?

I have received no contact from my local SW Office.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 The Countess

Hey I'm posting because I'm also wondering the same sort of thing. Also do you know if I was getting 156 before back to education will I get that after if or will I go down to the 100?! Do you have to reapply or do they just put you back on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

donnyb28 wrote: »
    Hey guys just wondering what date does BTEA payments finish for the summer, when college classes end or when the exams end? Also does it take long to go from BTEA back to JSA?

I have received no contact from my local SW Office.

Its normally the end of may after the exams finish. So you will be on JSA from June and should be transferred over straight away. Im sure they will send you out the letter fairly soon

• Registered Users Posts: 40,814 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

The BTEA offices in Carrick on Shannon are good at answering questions by phone

Back to Education Section
    Department of Social Protection
    Social Welfare Services Office
    Government Buildings
    Shannon Lodge
    Carrick-on-Shannon
    Leitrim
    Ireland
    Tel:(071) 967 2616
    Locall:1890 927 999

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

When you apply for BTEA you give a course year start and end date. That's usually the date your BTEA will end. If you go on to JSA for the summer you will get the standard rate for your age, circumstances, etc.

Advertisement