Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Projector problems - need repair.

• 10-04-2014 9:16am
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I have an Optoma HD65. Bought it second hand from adverts with very small hours on the bulb. Worked great for about 9 months and then one night while watching there was a loud bank and the bulb blew up. Got a new bulb for €130 and it was fine, changed it myself. Now, approx another 9 months later, its stopped working again. First the colours went slightly dull one night - did not think much more of it, the next day it would not turn on. I plugged it out for a while, it turned on, but no picture, and then turned off.

I use it for on average about 2 hours per night max. They are supposed to last 2500 hours. Not 600. So I'm assuming something is wrong. Anyone know where I can get this repaired? I googled and found one place and they wanted €180 plus the cost of the lap. That's all I paid for the thing in the first place!

Is there anyone that does reasonable projector repair?
    Thanks
    Colin

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 98 ✭✭MHI

Zascar wrote: »
    I have an Optoma HD65. Bought it second hand from adverts with very small hours on the bulb. Worked great for about 9 months and then one night while watching there was a loud bank and the bulb blew up. Got a new bulb for €130 and it was fine, changed it myself. Now, approx another 9 months later, its stopped working again. First the colours went slightly dull one night - did not think much more of it, the next day it would not turn on. I plugged it out for a while, it turned on, but no picture, and then turned off.

I use it for on average about 2 hours per night max. They are supposed to last 2500 hours. Not 600. So I'm assuming something is wrong. Anyone know where I can get this repaired? I googled and found one place and they wanted €180 plus the cost of the lap. That's all I paid for the thing in the first place!

Is there anyone that does reasonable projector repair?
    Thanks
    Colin

Hi Zascar

Was the new bulb you bought genuine Optoma Bulb? also was the lamp usage on the projector genuine? you can find people selling second hand projectors and reset the lamp life, use for 2 or 3 hundred hrs and say thats the used when in reality it could be 2100hrs + 200hrs.

Also stick with genuine bulbs even if they cost that little extra, hope this Help :)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Hi Mhi, I think the bulb I bought was a spurious make. But I only got it 6 months ago and it had about 600 hours I'd say. Should be good for about 2500. What might cause it to break?

I can get a new bulb but I think something might be wrong with the projector itself. Might it be overheating?

Advertisement