Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best 28" or 30" TV option for a senior, few specific requirements

Options
  • 03-04-2014 10:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭

I'm looking for a new 28" or 30" TV for my grandmother. Few quite specific requests, do excuse my lack of knowledge!

1) Strong, full sound. As with many OAPs, her hearing isn't what it used to be so it would need to go very loud and not be too tinny. It would be a huge inconvenience to set up a soundbar but if this were to be the case, is it possible to have it set up so it just turns on and off with the TV - also can it be wireless and plugged in 8 feet away from the TV?
    2) It would be ideal if it could turn on automatically when plugged in without automatically going to standby.
    3) I'd also like it to load up directly to an active HDMI. She has a Ferguson Ariva 150 and both it and her old TV are on the same extension lead so when you plug the lead into the wall, within about 15 seconds you just have RTÉ One without having to touch any buttons.
    4) No need for any Smart TV options, menus and remote as bare bones and simple as possible. It's always just going to be showing the Ariva 150 channels.

Price isn't really a major issue if it's the right TV. Can buy online or in any stores in the Louth/Meath/Dublin.

Thank you all in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

wheatln2 wrote: »
    I'm looking for a new 28" or 30" TV for my grandmother. Few quite specific requests, do excuse my lack of knowledge!

1) Strong, full sound. As with many OAPs, her hearing isn't what it used to be so it would need to go very loud and not be too tinny. It would be a huge inconvenience to set up a soundbar but if this were to be the case, is it possible to have it set up so it just turns on and off with the TV - also can it be wireless and plugged in 8 feet away from the TV?
    2) It would be ideal if it could turn on automatically when plugged in without automatically going to standby.
    3) I'd also like it to load up directly to an active HDMI. She has a Ferguson Ariva 150 and both it and her old TV are on the same extension lead so when you plug the lead into the wall, within about 15 seconds you just have RTÉ One without having to touch any buttons.
    4) No need for any Smart TV options, menus and remote as bare bones and simple as possible. It's always just going to be showing the Ariva 150 channels.

Price isn't really a major issue if it's the right TV. Can buy online or in any stores in the Louth/Meath/Dublin.

Thank you all in advance!

if you can go to 32" it would probably increase your options. The lads on the richersounds forum would probably be the best place to post this. They should be able to advise you.

Advertisement