Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scuba Diving Torch

Options
  • 17-11-2013 8:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi!

Just wondering if anyone can advise me about a decent scuba diving torch - I want to buy one as a present for Christmas so can order online if needs be. Max price approx 100 euro if possible.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭truebluesac

There are sooooo many types of torch within that price bracket .

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Nidhonar

Yeah...but I want to find the BEST one...

• Registered Users Posts: 29 raouls

To be honest as said above, there are too many different makes and models in your price bracket to say which is the best one. However at the lower end of your budget, the Led Lenser Frogman is very popular with divers here. It costs around €55 from Flagship Scuba.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Catmologen

Expedition LS5 9 Watt LED 750 Lumen by Tektike is a bit above your budget but you wont get better quality or performance for the price. If you go for a cheap torch you'll probably just end up having to buy a replacement soon enough so it probably makes sense to invest a bit more now.

http://www.tek-tite.co.uk/acatalog/LED_Torches.html

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭truebluesac

As i said there are so many types

Hand held
    Handle type
    Back up
    Umbilcle (dont think there would be any of these for less than 100)

The first type of question should be for what type of diving is it going to be used for ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 JCHAMBERS

tovatec ultra 3 torch 85 euro 500 lumens contact cork dive centre

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭yankinlk

+1 for giving them the Cash instead. I went down the path of cheapo when i started and it just means replace replace replace. I sunk 500 into my current torch way back when and never looked back. They are cheaper these days - but the principle is the same.

Advertisement