Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Good value detailing brushes?

Options
  • 16-04-2014 5:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭

Hi all. Looking for a couple of small detailing brushes. Anyone know of any good deals around? Most I can find online have postage costing the guts of the brushes cost. Was thinking of ordering these

Would order 2 of the Envy ones from detailing shed but don't need anything else at the moment.

Will likely keep one for the dirtier areas like the engine and the other for trim etc. Noticed a little bit of growth at seals.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,929 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Personally I got a set (of painting ones) in Aldi that do the job perfectly, look just like the Monidail ones on Ebay.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

mik_da_man wrote: »
    Personally I got a set (of painting ones) in Aldi that do the job perfectly, look just like the Monidail ones on Ebay.
    Never thought of paint brushes. Might call into the local hardware shop for a look and see if they have any non metal headed ones there

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,929 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Yeah, all mine are wooden headed, do the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭randy hickey

I posted about these in the Detailing On A Budget thread last August:

[IMG][/img]P1000353_zpsee9a910b.jpg

They're currently €8.50 (+€3.50 for Parcel Motel) which is not to shabby if you're au fait with the price of these Swissvax-style detailing brushes.

I've been using these for a while now, and can testify to no hair loss, either on me or the brushes.

http://www.envyvaleting.co.uk/products_info.asp?id=151

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

I posted about these in the Detailing On A Budget thread last August:

[IMG][/img]P1000353_zpsee9a910b.jpg

They're currently €8.50 (+€3.50 for Parcel Motel) which is not to shabby if you're au fait with the price of these Swissvax-style detailing brushes.

I've been using these for a while now, and can testify to no hair loss, either on me or the brushes.

http://www.envyvaleting.co.uk/products_info.asp?id=151
    Cheers. Seems to be an extra £2.50 delivery on their side also to the Parcel Motel. May still go for it.

It's an awful site they have there considering the number of products they sell. Started to have a look around and gave up as it was so bad

• Advertisement

€2 shop or Dealz or whatever should have shaving brushes. I use one (more out of convenience as I just found it sitting in the house in it's box, ready for the bin) and it's grand. Hasn't lost any hair, etc.

I think the one I have came from a chemist rather than a budget shop, but a shaving brush is a shaving brush, I'm sure. I've only used it really for the letters on the car "Focus" "Rav4" etc. but seems to do a decent job of reaching in there. Could use it on the air vents as well, i suppose, but I haven't, personally, used it for that, myself.

Advertisement