Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom fibre ballinasloe

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭mickyoc85

kaizersoze wrote: »
    No. Nothing yet.
    From an Eircom contact......
    They were having problems with accessing power but I think they have a plan now. There's only one pole nearby but they cannot take power from a pole with a street light as the council are paying for it. CIE ignored their requests for access to power in the station carpark. Nearest mini pillar is is Ashfield drive. Looks like the cab will be going in there close to the power.

They are awaiting the contractor to return. That's the delay.
    3 cabs in planning for their return. I believe the Derrymullen cab is one. Not sure of the other 2 yet.

Hymany cab is now commissioned & live.
    Cúil an Canálacht is commissioned but not live for some reason.
    Millrace cab is awaiting power.

Orders being accepted for Ballinasloe from Tuesday next 21st.

If you here of the other 2 cabs let me know,,,cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Millrace/Riverstreet cab was energised/powered yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭cauliflower69

Just checked on vodafone website and I can get 70mb Max. Just rang them and received e-mail that engineer will fit Monday :)

Happy Days

Just checked for a friend in Roscarn and he isn't able to be get fibre yet on either Eircom or Vodafone.

Edit: Im in Beechlawn

Just checked on vodafone website and I can get 70mb Max. Just rang them and received e-mail that engineer will fit Monday :)

Happy Days

Just checked for a friend in Roscarn and he isn't able to be get fibre yet on either Eircom or Vodafone.

Edit: Im in Beechlawn

Nice.:) Report back on your speeds.

Strange about Roscarn. I would have thought it was on the Kilgarve cab across the road which is live. They may be on the cab at Creagh church whhich hasn't been done yet.

Nice.:) Report back on your speeds.

Strange about Roscarn. I would have thought it was on the Kilgarve cab across the road which is live. They may be on the cab at Creagh church whhich hasn't been done yet.

Im amazed at that speed offering for beechlawn,,considering the cab is at square d?,,,still no sign of a cab in Esker Hills FFS hurry up will ye

• Advertisement

mickyoc85 wrote: »
    Im amazed at that speed offering for beechlawn,,considering the cab is at square d?,,,still no sign of a cab in Esker Hills FFS hurry up will ye

Most if not all of Beechlawn in on the Hillcrest cab.

Back in town this morning. Started work on the Glantaun cab.

Ok so back with an update. Line is done and getting 3.2 down and 1.2 up. I was expecting a little more but the upload is great.

63S8WEb.jpg

Ok so back with an update. Line is done and getting 3.2 down and 1.6 up. I was expecting a little more but the upload is great.

63S8WEb.jpg

26 down/8 up. That's quiet a bit off 70.:)

With 17.2 attenuation I take it you're either over near the Pollboy crossroads or up in Beechlawn Heights.:)

Go to www.speedtest.net and run a test.

Yeah ran a speedtest earlier and it was 26/7. In the worst position between the two cabs but hey it works :)

• Advertisement

Yeah ran a speedtest earlier and it was 26/7. In the worst position between the two cabs but hey it works :)

Not too shabby at all,,are you paying for the 70mb package though?

I'm with Vodafone paying 37 euro a month (3 euro discount for being mobile customer) as I want to keep the landline. I remember having dual ISDN lines way back when so this is fine :)

Only doing Glantaun this visit. Working in Galway tomorrow. No idea when they'll be back. They only get a couple of days notice where they're working.

Only doing Glantaun this visit. Working in Galway tomorrow. No idea when they'll be back. They only get a couple of days notice where they're working.

Could be a long wait for us to get fibre i reckon :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,861 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Vodafone techie but in new modem the other day, was getting 6meg average, now getting 20, upload was .5meg now 10. Happy out in Hillcrest :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Poboy

Anyone heard anything about the Cabs out in Creagh?

Poboy wrote: »
    Anyone heard anything about the Cabs out in Creagh?

Theres one active at the moment in Kilgarve,,i understand thats theres one being installed in Glentaun at the minute

There are plans to add one at creagh Church aswell

Glantaun installed but not live. Cab at creagh church that covers most, if not everything, down Shannonbridge rd hasn't started yet. Kilgarve court cab is live. Last I checked the cab down at the IDA Business park wasn't live. Must check again.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 iscom

Just seen contractor working on Hymany Park cab

Just got a call from vodafone ( my isp) telling me the fibre connection will be available on the 9th of April and they will be delivering the new modem in the next few days. . So things are looking up :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭gutteruu

iscom wrote: »
    Just seen contractor working on Hymany Park cab

Your in Hymany ? Thought that was active already.

Still no luck in Roscarn! :mad:

gutteruu wrote: »
    Your in Hymany ? Thought that was active already.

Still no luck in Roscarn! :mad:

No I am in Cuil Na Canalagh

Has anyone noticed an increase in speed with vectoring?

mickyoc85 wrote: »
    Has anyone noticed an increase in speed with vectoring?

Not sure if it's been enabled on the cabs here yet. I must check.

Any sign of efibre in creagh? Still waiting in Roscarn. :confused:

Looks like a fibre cab is currently underway beside Joe Hayes shop,,3 to go after this one,,,creagh,,esker hills and Ashfield,,hopefully they get the finger out and get them all done in a short space of time

I was promised to have on the 9th April I contacted my ISP ( Vodafone) about the delay and was told my order was not implemented due to a admin error and it would now be on the 24th of April then I revieved a SMS and the Following email

. . .Welcome to Vodafone. Thank you for choosing Vodafone Home Pref (18 Month) - Fibre. In order to get you started an engineer will visit your premises to set up your broadband service.
    Your engineer will visit you between 09:30-12:30 on the 24/04/2014. If this time does not suit call us on 1907 and we can arrange another appointment.
    If you have any queries about your Vodafone at Home account visit vodafone.ie/athomeselfcare.
    For business users please visit website
    Yours sincerely
    David Rooney
    Head of Customer Operations

So fingers crossed once again

You had to enter an 18 month contract? Thought it was automatic upgrade with no new contract ?

gutteruu wrote: »
    You had to enter an 18 month contract? Thought it was automatic upgrade with no new contract ?

No only if you wanted a free modem
    I don't honestly think you could get any better value with free phones incl Mobiles calls and unlimited downloads for just €37 per month. . . ok maybe in time it maybe be possible a little cheaper but doubtful so I am happy with this deal

• Advertisement

What speed can your line handle,,your up in cunalach arent ya?

Advertisement