Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC not loading certain sites

Options
  • 20-09-2009 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭

It's either not loading or loading painfully slower. IGN, imageshack and photobucket are just some of the sites..

Anyone else having this problem atm?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

in limerick here and all those sites load up fine for me.

working on the exchange?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭mobius42

I'm in Cork and I'm noticing this too. Some sites are timing out. You can get them to load if you keep trying, but it's inconsistent.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Mistmyr

Dub 24 here and im having the same problem.

Some sites wont load at all and others are painfully slow.

happened for a few hours before a few weeks ago and got sorted out, So heres hoping :)

Misty

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭hitbit

Hi,

Location Dublin 9. No problems loading either site one minute ago.

hitbit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭cahirhennessy

Dublin 1. Same nonsense.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 865 ✭✭✭Purple Gorilla

Fingal. Same thing happening. Facebook is mad for me...can't get on some sites

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

are all the people having issues using the NTL DNS servers?

try using opendns or level3 DNS servers instead and see if you have the same problems.

thanks to the eircom DNS issues there are a squagillion threads on how to change your DNS servers and what to change them to, so I won't bore you all with another explanation here when you can do a quick search to find out, if you don't know how already. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Ranicand

Open DNS 208.67.222.222 208.67.220.220

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭mobius42

Using OpenDNS makes no difference. It must be a routing issue.

mobius42 wrote: »
    Using OpenDNS makes no difference. It must be a routing issue.

Open DNS at least lets my PS3 connect to the network UPC DNS wont.

However the network is not usable.

Come on people lets bombard UPC with calls.

• Advertisement

Getting pretty fed up with UPC thinking of putting a stop on my bank.

These people seem to be morons they wont even admit they have a problem.

It they could put it their site that they are having major problems and that they are working on it I would not be so annoyed.

UPC your becoming a joke just like Eircom.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,964 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Having major issues as well, loads of sites I'd visit ordinarily just won't open. Playing games on the PSN isn't happening. I have to say I'm getting a little fed up myself. The last few weekends have seen outages of both our TV and BB service in the D7 area for hours at a time. Now add in the fact that loads of websites simply won't open. Grrrrrr.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

why is upc lying to me its says tomorrow never dies but its showing couples retreat

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Hello 2009!

so i paying for this to watch tomorrow never dies but its showing couples retreat

• Registered Users Posts: 8,729 ✭✭✭degsie

wampyrus77 wrote: »
    so i paying for this to watch tomorrow never dies but its showing couples retreat

Wots this got to do with sites not loading :confused:

did ever try Disk Defrag is the best free disk defragmenter software that will speed up your hard drive and computer's overall performance by optimizing file system.

once a month you should do Disk Defrag your computer is the best free disk defragmenter software that will speed up your hard drive and computer's overall performance by optimizing file system., by right click and go properties on hard drive, tools, defragment now

closing the down browser also helps

Advertisement