Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cheapest quad core Android Retina Display (2048 x 1536) tablet @ €130 delivered

• 12-04-2014 1:40am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,345 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I bought one of these:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cheapest-Android-Retina-Display-2048/dp/B00JAD1EQC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1397262496&sr=8-1&keywords=cheapest+android+retina+tablet

It's the cheapest retina tablet, and having had a couple of tablets already, is a great bargain at the price

CPU - RK3188 Quad-Core (4 x 1.6GHz)
    GPU - MALI Multi Core
    Screen - 9.7" 2048 x 1536 Retina LCD 10 point touch
    Memory (RAM)- DDR3 2GB
    Storage - 16GB
    External Storage - Supports upto 32GB tf-Card (micro sdhc card)
    WiFi - 802.11b/g/n
    Camera - FRONT 2.0MP and REAR 5.0MP - Dual Camera
    G-Sensor - YES
    Bluetooth - YES
    OS - ANDROID 4.2.2 JELLY BEAN
    Battery 8000mAh
    HDMI - Standard Mini HDMI port
    USB - Micro USB port USB 2.0

Having used it now, it's fantastic, great screen, speed and battery life.
    For comparison I used antutu to benchmark against my Sony xperia z phone. The phone is circa 14k and this tablet is at 18k.

UK seller and warranty. I ended up buying a second as they sent me the wrong model first and I wanted to get it delivered quick do I bought a second so that I could get a refund from the first but I ended up with two. If anyone misses out, I'll might sell the second at cost on adverts rather than send back.

If ordering, choose the expedited delivery at a few quid more as snail mail meant I had to wait a week for the first. I used parcelmotel anyway.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Shoutcast Ireland

its strange i cant find anything about the manufacturer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

Nice specs for the price, never heard of that particular Chinese brand either though. Is it definitely shipping from the UK?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Simi

The spec sheet reads like a rebranded pipo m6. Great tab for the money with good custom Rom support. Looks a little different however.

The pipo m6 is a great device, does freeze on occasion but has a reset button on the back to reboot the tab if that happens. Chrome seems to be the thing that sets it off the most.

For that price I'd definitely recommend it. Although I'd be wary of the fake looking 5 star reviews.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

alexxxfay wrote: »
    Yes, I totally with that, the price is quite good, but the brand it too new to make you easy. :)

Would feel all right with it being on amazon

i think i have figured out the real brand of the tablet. its a GDIPPO 908A Quad Core Tablet PC 9.7" Retina 2048*1536 1.8GHz RK3188 2GB RAM BT

http://dealsprime.com/gdippo-908a-quad-core-tablet-pc-9-7-retina-2048-1536-1-8ghz-rk3188-2gb-ram-bt.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

Sounds too good to be true really for that spec.

I flicked through the customer reviews of "BE Tablets"... more looking for negative reviews than trusting the positive ones...
    1/5:
    "I received this item for my girlfriends birthday and when she opened it the screen was cracked and when i sent the seller a email he said it was my fault and he not going to replace it so the 12 month guarantee is load of bull"
    sion , 23 March 2014
    2/5:
    "It says on description that it comes with a warranty mines did not and it has since starting freezing and there was a hairline crack on screen which in turn resulting in full cracked screen. Quite disappointed will not be purchasing a tablet again."
    emziy, 15 March 2014

Although Amazon themselves replied to a couple of 1/5 review scores saying
    Message from Amazon: "This item was fulfilled by Amazon, and we take responsibility for this fulfilment experience."

So if it goes wrong Amazon seem to handle it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭kkelly77

Currently unavailable :(

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

kkelly77 wrote: »
    Currently unavailable :(

I've marked it as expired, if it comes back in stock someone please let us know.

Blade wrote: »
    I've marked it as expired, if it comes back in stock someone please let us know.

FYI: Says it's in stock again...

If I wasn't going to the States and getting a new Nexus 7 I'd pull the trigger on this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭Soarer

Soooo tempted by this. Would save the iPad from getting a hammering on holidays.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,345 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I was going to post again that it was back. It really is an absolute bargain and I'm delighted with mine. For the poster mentioning the reviews, they are accurate. I have to post mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Snow Crash

I was going to post again that it was back. It really is an absolute bargain and I'm delighted with mine. For the poster mentioning the reviews, they are accurate. I have to post mine.

What's the battery life like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭joeperry

I threw a demand into flubit to see what I can get off.

has any one got one and want to post pics and specs up?

Will you check the antutu score please?

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭Underpaid Mike

Just bought this
    I hate and love this forum in equal measures

Snow Crash wrote: »
    What's the battery life like?

I charged it fully last night, been using it for a couple of solid hours today and it's at 89 pc
    has any one got one and want to post pics and specs up?

Pics and spec are on the Amazon site as per link in first post
    Will you check the antutu score please?

17946, My xperia z phone score is 18097

The screen is quite simply stunning. I was also able to root it using kingoapp. The only downside is not having a Kitkat rom but as the specs look exactly like other similar tablets, I'd bet it will work something.

I charged it fully last night, been using it for a couple of solid hours today and it's at 89 pc

Pics and spec are on the Amazon site as per link in first post

17946, My xperia z phone score is 18097

The screen is quite simply stunning. I was also able to root it using kingoapp. The only downside is not having a Kitkat rom but as the specs look exactly like other similar tablets, I'd bet it will work something.
    i meant what is the make and model of the tablet?

i meant what is the make and model of the tablet?

Like many of these Chinese tablets, they just seem to be from the same factory line regardless of label.this one is supposed be polatab, but I haven't seen any labels and box Abe anything.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭rovoagho

The Description says 4.4.2, despite the title.

8A battery is impressive. Looks too good to be true. Must check it out later on the full site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 gr227x

hi jimmycrackcorm , what are the viewing angles like do you think it has an ips screen.
    Thanks

Bought one :)

And a case & screen protectors.................

and a mini HDMI to HDMI cable

Damn you BA. Damn you to hell!!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,587 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Just bought this
    I hate and love this forum in equal measures
    Bought one :)

And a case & screen protectors.................

and a mini HDMI to HDMI cable

Damn you BA. Damn you to hell!!! :D

I tried to order one there but it says no delivery to Ireland,
    How did you guys get the order in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Absoluvely

vectra wrote: »
    I tried to order one there but it says no delivery to Ireland,
    How did you guys get the order in?

They used a parcel-forwarding service called Parcel Motel.

http://www.parcelmotel.com/about.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78 ✭✭greenore

really tempted also as i am in the hunt for a tablet

more posts from people who are using this model please
    sounds like great battery and fabulous spec all round

please and thank you

£109.99 this morning.

Just ordered one.
    Thinking I should have ordered 2 :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Any update guys- is it an IPS screen?
    Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭logically

Ordered also despite the slight overnight price increase. Still a good price - sure there's some people would spend that amount on a week's worth of lunches and coffees.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Any update guys- is it an IPS screen?
    Cheers.

Also- they keep saying 'retina display' which obviously is an Apple trademarked term, and not a specification. Any idea of what the dpi is (several current gen Android products are significantly superior to 'Retina Display' products).

Trying to find information online- but its not really in the form you can easily compare it with official products.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭logically

Also- they keep saying 'retina display' which obviously is an Apple trademarked term, and not a specification. Any idea of what the dpi is (several current gen Android products are significantly superior to 'Retina Display' products).

Trying to find information online- but its not really in the form you can easily compare it with official products.

Why not contact ask the company through their Amazon store?

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Quango Unchained

If my calculations are right the pixel density of the screen is 264PPI.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Absoluvely

Yeah, the resolution and screen size are exactly the same as the iPad (4th Generation).

9.7 inches (250 mm) - 2,048 × 1,536 (4:3) - 264 ppi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Apogee

Can anyone who has purchased one of these confirm it supports 5GHz wifi?

What's it like to streaming HD video?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭Fnz

Tried to get a better price through Flubit (since I'd have to use Parcel Motel either way) but my demand was rejected. The reason given I'll quote here:
    Demand Rejected - Unreliable supplier (fake goods or bad reviews)

We're really sorry but the offer on the link you provided us with is from, what we believe to be, an unreliable supplier, either selling counterfeit products or failing to deliver on sales. Unfortunately, we won't be able to create you a better price than the link you provided us with because we create our offers to be lower than the link you give us. If the link is too low due to the reasons stated above, our suppliers are unwilling to create better offers.

• Advertisement

Fnz wrote: »
    Tried to get a better price through Flubit (since I'd have to use Parcel Motel either way) but my demand was rejected. The reason given I'll quote here:

I got an offer from flubit of 6% off the £99 price but I didn't buy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Simi

Apogee wrote: »
    Can anyone who has purchased one of these confirm it supports 5GHz wifi?

What's it like to streaming HD video?

If, and I stress if, this is a rebranded pipo m6 pro, then no it doesn't support 5ghz wifi. Streaming is actually pretty good. Especially if it supports pipo m6 roms. The wifi radio is set to 80% power by default, there are roms that use the full power setting. Streaming is actually pretty good. High bitrate 1080p content e.g. 10gb+ movies will stutter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭Fnz

Simi wrote: »
    If, and I stress if, this is a rebranded pipo m6 pro, then no it doesn't support 5ghz wifi. Streaming is actually pretty good. Especially if it supports pipo m6 roms. The wifi radio is set to 80% power by default, there are roms that use the full power setting. Streaming is actually pretty good. High bitrate 1080p content e.g. 10gb+ movies will stutter.

If this is the same product, mixed reports on the wifi performance, in this thread (page 3 onward):
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2364463&page=3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

joeperry wrote: »
    I got an offer from flubit of 6% off the £99 price but I didn't buy.
    Fnz wrote: »

The listing seems to be being fulfilled by a different seller now - "Electroniceze" and not "BE Tablets" as it was.

Still "BE Tablets" for me.

Anyway I pulled the trigger on this BA, hope I get a good result like other people!
    Will report back to curse/thank the OP !

• Advertisement

Yeah I saw it went back to B.E. today.

I ordered one Friday, got dispatch email yesterday and Royal Mail picked it up today. Hopefully it'll be at PM depot by Friday and I'll get it Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭Underpaid Mike

I ordered on the 21st and got a message last night that it had been delivered
    Amazing service

Just checked my tracking and it's already "arrived at Northern Ireland Mail Centre on the 2014-04-24, and is now on its way to the local Delivery Office.". So hopefully it'll be in my PM locker in the morning. :)

Ordered mine on 15th. Still no delivery :(:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,769 ✭✭✭horse7

ordered mine on the 19th,still waiting and cannot track.

Ordered mine on 15th. Still no delivery :(:(
    horse7 wrote: »
    ordered mine on the 19th,still waiting and cannot track.

NOW ye tell me !

In fairness it says "In stock on April 26, 2014.", so I don't expect a dispatch until at least next Monday and I paid extra for expedited delivery.

J o e wrote: »
    Just checked my tracking and it's already "arrived at Northern Ireland Mail Centre on the 2014-04-24, and is now on its way to the local Delivery Office.". So hopefully it'll be in my PM locker in the morning. :)

I ordered on the 18th and it says dispatched. No tracking available though :(

Nothing in PM either yet.

Happy update :)

Contacted BE Tablets via amazon querying the location of the tablet and they replied almost immediately with tracking number.
    Item XXXXXXXXXXXX arrived at Northern Ireland Mail Centre on the 2014-04-24, and is now on its way to the local Delivery Office.

So fear not fellow tablet purchasers :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,769 ✭✭✭horse7

my seller is Electroniceze and via amazon No tracking number was provided by the seller.

My order was through "BE Tablets" and there was a tracking number provided in order details on the Amazon website after the dispatch notification email was sent. It's been marked as delivered in Northern Ireland now.
    We have a record of item <snip> as being delivered from Belfast South & Central DO on 2014-04-24.

• Advertisement
Advertisement