Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hhusky potty training

Options
  • 09-12-2011 7:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

help i have a 7 and half week old husky im trying to train her to go in one spot in the house i have used puppy pads and that spray with the cent also news paper she will only go in the spot once

no matter wot i do she will just pee and poo where ever she wants

i know im doing sumthing wrong please if any one can help i do not have a crate gor her

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Don't think you meant to post this to one of the TV forums. Moving this to Animals and Pet Issues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

It will take time to train her. She should still be with her mother at 7 and a half weeks, pups shouldn't leave their mothers and littermates until at least 8 weeks, so it will take even longer to train her.

You have to take her outside after every meal, and she should be on 4 meals a day at her age, after every drink, and everytime you play with her. You will also need to get up through the night to let her out, at least every 4 hours at her age. The joys of having a puppy in winter, much more pleasant to house train in the spring or summer.

I think its a waste of time training her to go on those pads, as you are going to have to train her twice, once to go on the pads, and once to then go outside, much easier just to train her to go outside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭luckyfrank

ISDW wrote: »
    It will take time to train her. She should still be with her mother at 7 and a half weeks, pups shouldn't leave their mothers and littermates until at least 8 weeks, so it will take even longer to train her.

You have to take her outside after every meal, and she should be on 4 meals a day at her age, after every drink, and everytime you play with her. You will also need to get up through the night to let her out, at least every 4 hours at her age. The joys of having a puppy in winter, much more pleasant to house train in the spring or summer.

I think its a waste of time training her to go on those pads, as you are going to have to train her twice, once to go on the pads, and once to then go outside, much easier just to train her to go outside.

I had two weeks of trying to train my husky puppy not to go inside the house then i got a lend of a crate, he hasnt gone once since

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

7.5 weeks is very young to have a pulpy away from its mother... Is there a reason why you got her sooo young?

At her age she's still very much a baby and will take weeks maybe months to train her...

Personally I think the pads are a waste... You need to bring her outside every time she eats, drinks etc.... Every hour or so and when she goes outside reward her...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

Is there a reason you don't want the dog to do it outside?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

every half hour take her outside and watch her, when she goes praise her and bring her back in, she will soon associate outside with toilet time. Unless you are in an apartment and dont have a garden.

Advertisement