Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV advice needed

Options
  • 28-04-2015 9:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭

How's it going folks, buying my first TV in a long time and looking for a bit of advice.

Looking for a smart LED 42''. Budget is around 500-600. Would be nice if it was saorview too and didn't need an aerial (not sure of the difference between saorview approved and Saorview and Satellite). Think I read somewhere that you can get some of the English free to air tv stations on some TV's so if that was even possible it would be great.

Thanks for any advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,347 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Unless you have UPC (cable) or Sky (dish), you will definitely need an aerial for Saorview, it's a terrestrial signal which needs a UHF aerial.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Stillhouette

joey100 wrote: »
    Think I read somewhere that you can get some of the English free to air tv stations on some TV's so if that was even possible it would be great.

Free to air tv from the United Kingdom wont be possible unless you

a) Live close enough to a UK transmitter to receive a signal (from Wales if in Wexford or Northern Ireland if close to the border). This will require an aerial.

or

b) You use a satellite dish. Some televisions do offer a satellite tuner so connecting a dish to one of these will give you the free channels.

Advertisement