Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ps4 nat type

Options
  • 04-10-2015 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hello,2 days ago I bought a Ps4 and yesterday when I set it up it connected to my Internet fine when I went to play fifa online I could not find an opponent, I did an Internet test connection and it told me I have nat type 3.I watched numerous tutorials on how to change the nat type but none seem to work as I'm not sure what to do on my modem router webpage. My modem is about 6 years old so maybe it could be due to the fact that the speed is slow or something. I have nat type 2 with my ps3 although I had to change it from nat type 3 when I got it. Can anyone help me to get it to nat type 2. Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Hello,2 days ago I bought a Ps4 and yesterday when I set it up it connected to my Internet fine when I went to play fifa online I could not find an opponent, I did an Internet test connection and it told me I have nat type 3.I watched numerous tutorials on how to change the nat type but none seem to work as I'm not sure what to do on my modem router webpage. My modem is about 6 years old so maybe it could be due to the fact that the speed is slow or something. I have nat type 2 with my ps3 although I had to change it from nat type 3 when I got it. Can anyone help me to get it to nat type 2. Thanks

What modem do you have? Most new ones have a setting called universal plug and play UPNP that lets the console open it's own ports through the firewall.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Yopouhdah11

What modem do you have? Most new ones have a setting called universal plug and play UPNP that lets the console open it's own ports through the firewall.

A netopia one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

A netopia one

Ask Eircom for a new modem, try get an F2000 out of them.

Advertisement