Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Steve Martin to play Clouseau?

• 13-10-2003 4:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭

I'm not too sure he's funny anymore (Steve Martin I mean, not Inspector Clouseau)
    He used to be funny alright, I saw "Planes, Trains & Automobiles" again recently and that is one funny movie. Martin and Candy just worked.
    I don't think he's as funny anymore but maybe he can make Clouseau work for him?

Steve Martin is in talks about playing Inspector Clouseau in a remake of 1964's 'The Pink Panther'.

Sources told The Hollywood Reporter that Martin read the project over the weekend and was expected to make a decision shortly.

If Martin signs up for the film he will be the fourth actor to play the bungling detective, following in the footsteps of Peter Sellers, Alan Arkin and Roger Moore.

Martin will next be seen on Irish cinema screens in the family comedy 'Cheaper by the Dozen'; the film is due to open in February.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

I hate watching him in a movie, its painful.

Clouseau Link from Empireonline.co.uk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Steve Martin was in some of the funniest movies of all time. The Jerk and Man With Two Brains are classics. Unfortunatly, he got married and lost his sense of humour (goes with the territory).
    Anyone trying to step into Peter Sellers shoes is asking for trouble though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Only watched the Jerk again a couple of months ago with my girlfriend who has never seen it and we both loved it.

"You Mean Im Going To Stay This Colour?"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I rather like Steve Martin when he's on form. LA Story, Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, and Planes, Trains And Automobiles being some faves of mine, but when he's off, he's seriously ****ing abysmal.

But remakes rarely work anyway, so I dont see how Martin's going to make any difference, or bend this rule. Like mboarders said, asking for trouble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

Steve Martin - he has really went to the dog house career wise.
    who else would play the role? - Rowan Atkinson might be a good choice... [?]

Planes, Trains And Automobiles
    a classic :D (Poor John Candy - I loved his films)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

He had another great movie called "All of me" about a woman's spirit who takes over one side of his body.

It wasn't all good by a long shot but there was one scene outside the hotel where Martin is bascially fighting with himself.
    One half of his body is trying to get into the hotel and the other half is trying to stay out.
    A brilliant scene, totally comic.

he has down downhill though, Bowfinger was utter crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭callmescratch

the man has been in about 40+ movies in 20 years. about 7 of them are classics, the rest are snot. he can give a great performance when he wants to, it just seems like he doesn't want to very often.
    also, do we really need to see the bumbling detective again. i was never a fan, but even fans must agree the ideas dead at this stage.
    wish i could say i thought this was gonna be one of martins classics, but it isn't.

Advertisement