Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advent Children

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

Uh.. isn't this just from a video game?
    I mean, I know it's pretty and all, but shouldn't this go in 'games' instead?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

No it shouldn't you uncultured lout!

It's a new film in from Square.
    Taking place directly after FFVII.

Oh my.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

My mistake - I read the "Platform: PlayStation 2" and figured it was just a game.

Personally speaking, I'm not all that impressed; it looks a little too much like an extended game cut-scene (especially the middle one) than something with the image quality of, say, the Spirits Within, or Final Flight of the Osiris. But this could be simply because they're going for a way more stylised look with Advent Children than those two films.

One question though - isn't the movie-making end of Square shut down after Spirits Within bombed? Is that why it's being apparently being done by one of the gaming sections of Square? Furthermore - could this be why it looks so much like a game cut-scene? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Originally posted by ObeyGiant
    My mistake - I read the "Platform: PlayStation 2" and figured it was just a game.

Yes, that's odd... :confused:
    Originally posted by ObeyGiant
    One question though - isn't the movie-making end of Square shut down after Spirits Within bombed? Is that why it's being apparently being done by one of the gaming sections of Square? Furthermore - could this be why it looks so much like a game cut-scene? :D

Could be indeed, but looking at the shots, I do rather like them.
    Especially that centre shot!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,863 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

www.rpgamer.com has a few more pictures of it. Looking nice especially the pictures of the redoen bit from FFVII where sephiroth walks through the flames. I'm just worried that they might ruin the ending of FFVII just to make a bit of cash.

• Advertisement
Advertisement