Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bruce Cambell

• 31-07-2003 7:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭

personally i love this actor ever since i saw the original evil dead back when i was 7, but has anyone heard of his new low budget horror titled Bubba Ho-Tep, it is getting good reviews, maybe this post wudnt interest sum of the "movie" fans here but i wanted to know.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

wonderful actor,
    totally underused.

his bio the life of a B movie actor is a huge good read.

I had planned to post a thread about Bubba Ho-Tep later this evening.

Bubba Ho-Tep is about two 70 year old men, Bruce Campbell plays Elvis and Ossie Davis plays John F Kennedy. In the film they must track down and kill the evil mummy Bubba Ho-Tep before he kills all the elderly people.

http://http://us.imdb.com/Title?0281686

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

my favourite actor ever , that movie sounds pretty cool

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭wild_eyed

he is still quite young, and has recently been in discussion with sam raimi for a low budget horror flick. i wud die to see somthing as good as evil dead.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Yeah his biography is excellent, best read i've had in ages. Although that wouldn't be hard. I'm looking forward to seeing him in more stuff, particularily his cameo in the next Spider-Man flick.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Wook

'Bruce for President' the only thing i have to say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

He's the man.

It's great watching TV and have him appear out of nowhere. For some reason I was watching a bit of Charmed a while ago and boom there he was. Scary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

Bruce is pure genuis. "who's laughing now................aaaaggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh(cut's off his arm). :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

A couple more things regarding Bubba Ho-Tep.

I spoke to their publicist, and they are still in talks about getting it any kind of European distribution. Don't hold your breath.. they only recently secured a US distribution, even though they've been pursuing it for over 9 months now.

Also, the trailer for Bubba Ho-Tep is up on apple.com/trailers

[edit]oh .. and on the official site http://www.bubbahotep.com too[/edit]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Bruce in Spidey 2?
    Will he play the same character he played in 1?

Great actor but lowered himself imo by getting involved with that Hercules and Xena crap :D.
    Played loads of cameos and produced them also (afaik).

kdjac

• Advertisement

Good?
    Bad?
    I'm the guy with the gun

BOOM

has recently been in discussion with sam raimi for a low budget horror flick.
    Bruce, Sam and Rob Tapert are rumoured to be planning Evil Dead 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭wild_eyed

Originally posted by Darko
    Bruce, Sam and Rob Tapert are rumoured to be planning Evil Dead 4.

If they did, what story from evil dead 3 would they follow? in american theatres they got the happy return to work ending but over here we got the excellent "i slept to long ending"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 875 ✭✭✭EvilGeorge

Evil Dead rules, why hasn't he appeared in more films. He gets killed in the congo (at the begining) and pretty much just appears every now and then for a brief time in sam rami's movies.
    Brisco County Junior - loved that series.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Am reading the 1st couple of Chapters of "If chins could kill" his bio. His childhood explains much about the man - quite funny and hairraising.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

For those who dont know, Bruce has his own website at http://www.bruce-campbell.com/ - which is updated quite regularly.

From it I have found out that Bruce plays the role of "Snooty Usher" in Spiderman 2.
    "I play the 'Snooty Usher,' another pivotal role where I deny Tobey Maguire access to see Kirsten Dunst in her first big play. Sorry, no Lizard for me...I'm not a reptile guy." -BC

Aparently he was also up for the role of Agent Dogat (sp?) in the last series of X-Files. I would have watched it had that been the case.

I went into the biggest book store in town and asked them to order If Chins Could Kill. But the computer said that it was only available in America. I was just wondering where you guys got it?

I got Hodges Figgis to order one in a couple of years ago. When the book finally came in, they turned around and told me it was going to cost me EUR40. So I just ended up ordering it off amazon.co.uk.

You can get it in town alright. I saw it recently in uh.. Waterstones on Dawson Street. But they'll rape you on the price, you're better off buying it off the internet.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

loved the evil dead films, never knew much about bruce, must read the book.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Nemici

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭BioHazRd

Looks like Bruce is back to what he does best :D - any news on Irish release dates ?

Bio

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

this seems..........odd.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=108101
    This is on the front page of the film board also. Draco.. wanna merge the two threads?

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

Merged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Bannor

Originally posted by Darko
    I went into the biggest book store in town and asked them to order If Chins Could Kill. But the computer said that it was only available in America. I was just wondering where you guys got it?
    It's €12.90 in Hodges Figgis - First Floor, Film/Arts section. I bought my copy there at the weekend.

I was hoping to read it when I go on holidays but I couldn't resist - read the first chapter last night, it's hilarious. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭eggshapedfred

did Bruce direct last weeks(09/08/03) episode of VIP (I only watch it for the girl with the short hair...honest)?
    can only imagine he was taking the p*ss.

I'll go look it up.

cool guy though, he was the deranged plastic surgeon in Escape from LA, too.

can't wait for Bubba Ho-Tep anyone know will it show in the IFC or anything? (or better still but doubtful proper cinemas)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but didn't see any point in starting a new one.
    Does anyone know if this will be released on DVD, as I doubt it's gonna make it to any of our cinemas? I can't seem to find any info on it at the moment.

Originally posted by Dr. Loon
    Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but didn't see any point in starting a new one.
    Does anyone know if this will be released on DVD, as I doubt it's gonna make it to any of our cinemas? I can't seem to find any info on it at the moment.
    As far as I know, they still haven't sorted out a European distributor yet.
    It's only just gotten its proper US release. Judging by it's success with 'normal' film audiences (i.e. - non Bruce Campbell fanboys), I don't think it will be long before someone finally brings it to our shores.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Its got a limited US release and somebody i was talking to had contacted their representives and it looks like a straight to DVD in europe job (ie: next summer!)

Advertisement