Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chromecast Suddenly cannot connect to the internet

Options
  • 26-08-2015 5:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭

I have been using my chromecast for almost a year, and it worked just fine until yesterday.

I was using the google app "Video Stream" as I always do, re-watching some favorite tv shows, when I accidentally hit the refresh button while it was streaming.

Now the Chromecast CAN connect to the network, but CANNOT connect to the internet, and refuses to be discovered on my google cast icon. My desktop app and phone can both detect it. they can both attempt to complete a set-up. How ever after I put in the correct ssid (listed) and PW I get a message saying

"Chromecast2827 has connected to (ssid) but can't access the internet"

I have does router and device resets several times, my ISP Is UPC, and I have their Samsung set-top box.

I have been through the limited options on the router via internet browser, and UPnP is Enabled, Multicasting is Enabled. I can't think of what else would be stopping this device from gaining access to the internet.

Have I accidentally fried my Cc, and need to shell out €40 or is there a setting or firewall configuration I missed along the way.

I'm using my Sony Vaio with W10 to stream, via VideoStream, and up until yesterday it was working perfectly. I really am at a loss as to why this problem has occurred.

I have visited many webpages researching the problem, but other users report only the fault, and no solutions. I really don't think it is a network issue, but my knowledge is limited.

any help is welcome.

Advertisement