Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netgear Aircard Mifi

Options
  • 20-07-2015 5:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭

I'm having trouble connecting my Netgear Aircard Mifi to either my iphone or ipad. It's showing on the list of Networks available on both devices however even though the tick appears beside it and the wifi icon is on the screen, it won't allow me to access the internet. I'm using a Tesco mobile Sim card and the device is unlocked.

When i log into the Admin page for the AirCard it gives me the option to connect the device, but an Error Code 33 appears. The netgear website says that this means I need to change the APN, but I'm not really sure what this means. I cant see anything on the iphone or ipad which will allow me to do this.

am I missing something obvious here?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

greyc wrote: »
    I'm having trouble connecting my Netgear Aircard Mifi to either my iphone or ipad. It's showing on the list of Networks available on both devices however even though the tick appears beside it and the wifi icon is on the screen, it won't allow me to access the internet. I'm using a Tesco mobile Sim card and the device is unlocked.

When i log into the Admin page for the AirCard it gives me the option to connect the device, but an Error Code 33 appears. The netgear website says that this means I need to change the APN, but I'm not really sure what this means. I cant see anything on the iphone or ipad which will allow me to do this.

am I missing something obvious here?

The Aircard needs to be setup to use the Tesco SIM,

Tesco Mobile Ireland APN settings:

APN: tescomobile.liffeytelecom.com
    MCC: 272
    MNC: 11
    APN Type: default, supl

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭greyc

The Aircard needs to be setup to use the Tesco SIM,

Tesco Mobile Ireland APN settings:

APN: tescomobile.liffeytelecom.com
    MCC: 272
    MNC: 11
    APN Type: default, supl

Thanks for that and apologies if I'm being stupid here, but how do I set up the the Aircard? I can't see anywhere on the admin screen that allows you to change settings

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

greyc wrote: »
    Thanks for that and apologies if I'm being stupid here, but how do I set up the the Aircard? I can't see anywhere on the admin screen that allows you to change settings

I have no idea, you'll get the answer if you Google the make and model no with the words change apn

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Advertisement