Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Matrix:Architec, ruined film,almost!

• 11-10-2003 2:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭

ok just bought the matrix reloaded on dvd(seen it already but just had to)and everything was goin great until that stupid architec guy opened his mouth!

i did understand wat he was sayin(wit concntration) but maybe they should words that are used in everyday life!e.g. argo=therefore etc! its like the teacher gave him these words and said put these in a sentence!!!

oh one more thing, who was the guy been led away when neo trin and morph went to see that french speakin dude???
    could be seein him in revolutions me thinks!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭giftgrub

bought it yesterday as well,

girlfriend was working last night so it was indian takeaway, a few tinnies and reloaded

aaaahhhh thats better.

to be honest i wasnt really that impressed with the extra's on the dvd- i just hope thereisnt going of be another bumper pack with more extras for christmas like the lord of the rings

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

Bought it yesterday i was told when it came out in the cinema that it was not very good. so i never went to it when it was in the cinema.
    Sat in last night watched it didn't think very much of it.
    What was with the scene the two of them were riding :eek: not very nice to look at.
    Watching Mtv today your man who does all the reviews of the latest films in the cinema and dvd releases, he turned around and said the riding scene was disgusting, but the freeway scene was good about the only descent part in the whole film.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭lodgepole

I'm slightly curious as to why you wouldn't pay €5 to see it in a cinema but would pay €25 to buy it on DVD...

I like it, but i'll ait for the next one and if I like it as much I might eventually fork out for the three films. Currently I don't like the first one enough to buy it and I don't like buying one part of a trilogy and not the others, especially in a series like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Originally posted by Mac daddy
    What was with the scene the two of them were riding :eek: not very nice to look at.
    lol "and then,BAM!, neo's cornhole right in your face!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Originally posted by tman
    lol "and then,BAM!, neo's cornhole right in your face!"

hehehe ... maddox rules ;)

• Advertisement

I rented it out last night even though I preordered it months ago off play.com. I thought it was very poor. In the architect scene it was like the Wachowski brothers were trying to look intelligant by using big words. The look on Neos face when he was finished riding was hilarious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

I reckon that there'll be a bambino in revolutions - why else show a relatively crap sex scene?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭satchmo

Originally posted by Caesar_Bojangle
    I reckon that there'll be a bambino in revolutions - why else show a relatively crap sex scene?
    Yeah I was thinking the exact same thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭John Player

was online last week and was reading a few THEORYS?theories? bout what might happen in the last installment and one of them was that trin does have a baby and it turns out to be the one, and not neo

another cool theory was that the humans did in fact win the war against the machine/AI and that neo and co. are actually the AI.
    the humans might of thought it would be unethical to disconnect em cos they were thinking for em selves and just stuck em in the matrix to keep em happy.

remember just ideas not spoilers

BTW - found this cool take off strip of the first part @ http://www.detonate.net/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=5&page=1 - is very funny esp. for all you irc heads out there - check it out!!!!

http://www.detonate.net/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=5&page=1

Luke

Originally posted by Lodgepole
    I'm slightly curious as to why you wouldn't pay €5 to see it in a cinema but would pay €25 to buy it on DVD...

5 euro's for the cinema what cinema do you go to.
    I heard it was crap that is why i didn't go. I preferr watching films at home at least i can have a smoke if i want to or go to the jax without missing parts.
    I lived in holland for a long time my local cinema was great you could have a pint while watching the film halfway through it the film would stop for a smoke/jax break. that is the way the should be.:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Owenw

I heard it was crap that is why i didn't go. I preferr watching films at home at least i can have a smoke if i want to or go to the jax without missing parts.
    I lived in holland for a long time my local cinema was great you could have a pint while watching the film halfway through it the film would stop for a smoke/jax break. that is the way the should be.:p

LOL, thats all we need a bloody ad break at the flicks!

Might as well get it "Sponsored by Smarties/Domino's Pizza" and have a quick announcement of the line up for the rest of the evening and then another voiceover and half screen view of the next movie during the credits! :D

Snide remarks aside, didn't they have intermission for movies over a cetain length years ago? Would be a good idea to have an intermission with the growing trend for >3hr movies, like LOTR.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MrPinK

UGC and UCI are about that much if you go before 5:00 or 6:00. Or all the time if you're a student :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

ergo vis a vie, concordantly...

If you check the MTV awards part on the DVD you will see they take the complete p!ss out of that part.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

the CGi when Neo was fighting the many agents - just after talking to the Oracle - was pure sh1te, very PS2 quality on his facial features.
    Don't think they can CGI too well, fink thats why Neo wears a full length non-reflective black ensemble when the ****'s on the fan
    That architec guy and the keycutter were all annoying, the film seems lost, a real stop gap between and excellent opener, hopefully revolutions will redeem the trilogy

with the matrix and LOTR triliogy's nearly up and SWEPIII wrapping up shooting, where will multi films go from here??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Originally posted by Farlo
    ok just bought the matrix reloaded on dvd(seen it already but just had to)and everything was goin great until that stupid architec guy opened his mouth!

oh one more thing, who was the guy been led away when neo trin and morph went to see that french speakin dude???
    could be seein him in revolutions me thinks!!!!

first off, the architect is important to the plot and explains the matrix as a whole.

that guy being taken away is the train bum and will be feature in revolutions more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Duo

The Architect was much needed. As in, they actually bothered putting some PLOT in. Only they didn't do it very well at all.... There should have been more story throughout the film, instead of great big lumps of pretentious crap after boring 18 minute action scenes. Well, it wasn't a very good movie, anyhoo....

Revolutions is set directly after the events of Reloaded so there is no way Neo and Trinity can have a baby in a little over 48 hours. When Neo stops the machines at the end of Reloaded does that not confirm that Zion is not the real world but just another part of The Matrix.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

Well thats all wraped up then

that MTV bit on the DVD is great, funniest thing I've seen in months

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

e.g. argo=therefore etc! its like the teacher gave him these words and said put these in a sentence!!!

emmm doesn't the abbreviation e.g. mean ergo???

I think it's kinda funny that you used e.g. in the sentence and then went on to complain that they used 'ergo' because it was too hard for you to understand

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

When Neo stops the machines at the end of Reloaded does that not confirm that Zion is not the real world but just another part of The Matrix

I thought it was the real world and the other good-guy ship sent out an EMP to down the ships, just a coincidence that Neo thought he downed the ship

Maybe at the end of Ep 3, Neo will step out of a shower and it was all a dream:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Originally posted by Jeff_Lebowski
    emmm doesn't the abbreviation e.g. mean ergo???
    No it means exempli gratia. For example.

Actually enjoyed the film more rewatching it today than when I saw it in the cinema, guess I was in a more forgiving mood. I thought the architect bit blew the first time but quite enjoyed it this time, the many Smiths fight scene was still crap though, I thought the effects were alright it was just too fucking long.

The freeway sequence is standalone way out in front the best action sequence I have ever had the pleasure to grip my armrest for. Worth €30 for that alone.

Also (for the geeks out there) if anyone has ever read Kim Stanley Robinson's Mars Trilogy did you see huge similarities between his underground communities on Mars (particularily Dorsa Brevia, I think, the matriarchal one) and the presentation of Zion? Just wondering if this struck anyone else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭dangerman

****<SPOILER>

erm, go download the trailer off www.thematrix.com for Revolutions.

To SPOIL it for you, you do see Neo blowing up hundreds of them robot sentinels with his mind, and doing all sorts of mad ****.

It almost 99% confirms that there's another matrix that they're all inside, and this one is a nice fiery red & yellow colour as opposed to green.

It looks impossible cool, but then the trailer for reloaded was impossible cool as well.

I still hold out high hopes for revolutions, but the absolute ****e in reloaded, ergo the sex scene, morpheuseses speach, vis a vis the pointless, overlong action sequences. - What was the point of any of the fights? We all know Neo is pretty much a god, there was NO sense of action or excitement.

The only sense of action is when Morpheus et all are battling it out on the highway, cause they at least can die, but of course little piss ant Neo comes along and saves the day. I was really hoping Morpheus was gonna kick the **** out of the agent on the truck.

Anyway, reloaded BAD.

****</SPOILER>

Spoiler tags you stupid fucking gimp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Terminator

Rented it the other day. I noticed the cgi fight scenes don't look so bad on the small screen. The architect and the morpheus speech / stomp rave scene are the worst parts of the movie. The W brothers went too far and took themselves way too seriously there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭Tivoli

Spoiler tags you stupid ****ing gimp.

easy on, it just his opinions from the trailer, were all gonna see the trailer in the cinema before the film is released

i hated morpheus's speach,the loving and the rave, thought the rest of the film was great, architect's speach was long and boring, but i felt it was kinda necessary,as i was keen to find out why neo can do cool stuff.

well just after watching the trailer from the site, doesn't look great

edit,
    me and the lads have watched the trailer a few times at work and not giving anything away but that stunt man (playing neo) getting punched looks nothing like neo

Originally posted by tlachta
    easy on, it just his opinions from the trailer, were all gonna see the trailer in the cinema before the film is released
    Personally I always avoid the trailers from films I'm looking forward to, it makes it all so much more enjoyable. The only thing that leaked into my consciousness for the Matrix Reloaded was "loads of Smiths" and "kickass freeway scene" (even that was too much) and I knew literally nothing about the first Matrix when I went to see it.

Even trailers these days are giving away far too much just like the moron above. Can you remember the last time you went to see a film and knew nothing about it except that it was supposed to be good?

It really makes for far more enjoyable viewing. (For me anyway)

I discovered this a few years ago when a mate of mine rang me up and said
    "You coming to Shrek tonight? We're all going, can't wait for it!". Me: "Yeah deadly can't wait either!" while thinking, What the fuck is Shrek? and feeling terribly uncool.

Went in without even knowing it was animated and had possibly the best time I've ever had in the cinema.

Sorry for the rant, just trying to explain why this sort of stuff pisses me off.

Originally posted by DapperGent
    Personally I always avoid the trailers from films I'm looking forward to, it makes it all so much more enjoyable. The only thing that leaked into my consciousness for the Matrix Reloaded was "loads of Smiths" and "kickass freeway scene" (even that was too much) and I knew literally nothing about the first Matrix when I went to see it.

Even trailers these days are giving away far too much just like the moron above. Can you remember the last time you went to see a film and knew nothing about it except that it was supposed to be good?

It really makes for far more enjoyable viewing. (For me anyway)

I discovered this a few years ago when a mate of mine rang me up and said
    "You coming to Shrek tonight? We're all going, can't wait for it!". Me: "Yeah deadly can't wait either!" while thinking, What the fuck is Shrek? and feeling terribly uncool.

Went in without even knowing it was animated and had possibly the best time I've ever had in the cinema.

Sorry for the rant, just trying to explain why this sort of stuff pisses me off.

I completely agree with your sentiments. Matrix Reloaded trailers showed too much of the really cool scenes (morphing Twin getting back into the SUV on the freeway, the agent stomping on the bonnet of the car which flips etc.) The old joke about seeing the best bits in the trailer has become a sad reality.

I went to see Event Horizon with a mate who was raving on about it - I'd never heard of it and really enjoyed it.

Same with the original Matrix. If it had been hyped like other recent big budget movies I doubt it would have had the same impact on people.

Revolutions is out in a few weeks time.
    Concordantly, can we please keep the spoilers to a minimum?
    Whether they are from trailers or not is irrelveant.
    Ergo, vis a vie, bite your tongue. Bite it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

It's 'vis a vis' you m0ngs, no wonder you didn't understand what he was talking about :rolleyes:

right i stuck in some spoiler tags, sorry about that. i thought i had it more obvious there was a spoiler.

But still, its just a trailer, and you'll probably see it if you go to the cinema between now & revolutions being released.

Still stand by what i said, reloaded sucked fat ones, revolutions has a lot to answer for. (which if you watch the trailer, you'll agree that it's possible it may redeem itself...)

but then, they're always good at making trailers.

i like trailers.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Sico
    It's 'vis a vis' you m0ngs, no wonder you didn't understand what he was talking about :rolleyes:

LMAO, I understood him (to a point), I just can't spell in Latin :P

Joking aside, can someone explain why Neo was instructed to choose 23 from the matrix 7 male, 16 female to repopulate Zion?
    I believe has something to do with creating mathematical matrices?

Will this result in the 7th iteration of the matrix (7 being the number of 'perfection' if memory serves) the one that finally fools everyone into believing 'the programmed reality of the Matrix.'

Hmm maybe I should get out more....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by Owenw
    LMAO, I understood him (to a point), I just can't spell in Latin :P'
    "Vis-a-vis" is from the language spoken by the cheese-eating surrender monkeys:p

Originally posted by Owenw
    'Hmm maybe I should get out more....

that might be good for you:p
    Originally posted dangerman
    right i stuck in some spoiler tags, sorry about that. i thought i had it more obvious there was a spoiler.
    Were are these spoilers you speak off:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭FirA_Fascio

The whole point of the Architect is that he's meant to be a real smartass; he created the Matrix, and he likes to confuse people with his big, fancy words.

Morpheus' speech scene was an example of the nutcase the W brothers want to portray Morpheus as.

I was very impressed by The Matrix and Reloaded, and I can't wait until Revolutions. In the trailer Neo destroys a load of sentinel bombs with his mind... bit odd unless it IS another Matrix they're in.

You have to watch Reloaded a good few times to understand everything the Oracle and the damn Architect say.

Originally posted by sceptre
    "Vis-a-vis" is from the language spoken by the cheese-eating surrender monkeys:p

I prefer to curse in that language, it's like wiping your arse on silk :D (sorry I couldn't resist!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

Originally posted by DapperGent

yeah and the results of that r in the "once upon a time in Mexico" thread. But yeah i can understand that i might be more enjoyable if u don't see any of the trailers and other stuff. I like the movie too but i have to agree about the many smiths fight being just a bit too long. thought the rave was kind of crap. i think i'll have to watch it again cuz when i watched it i was so what uncomfortbale sitting in the 3rd row and it being boiling hot in there cuz they didn't turn on the a/c

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭FirA_Fascio

I have sampled every language, French is my favourite. Fantastic language, especially to curse with. Nom de dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperie de connard d'enculé de ta mère. It's like wiping your ass with silk... I love it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭krattapopov

right ok, if it is a matrix within a matrix i will be very pi$$ed off because that could go on forever, i believe that neo is now connected to the matrix after smith did that thingy to him so there.. !! it will all become crystal clear on the 5th

no diggity no doubt

Originally posted by krattapopov
    right ok, if it is a matrix within a matrix i will be very pi$$ed off because that could go on forever, i believe that neo is now connected to the matrix after smith did that thingy to him so there.. !! it will all become crystal clear on the 5th

no diggity no doubt

I think Keanu Reeves stated in an interview that the W brothers didn't do a Matrix-within-a-Matrix because it would be too obvious. The ending of Reloaded was undoubtedly designed to throw people off the scent and create loads of online debate
    and virtually guarantee a massive turnout to see the final thrilling installment (holy infiltration by rogue agents, Batman!)

I couldn't find the link to that interview, but I did find this link (Possible SPOILER, as one of these theories might be correct!):
    http://www.geocities.com/justin3eb/dualmatrix.html

I think Scenario 2 is most likely of them all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

MTV Movie thing:

"Andy Dick:There's a big rumour goin round that morpheus is having a big orgy back at his place later. At least thats what many of us have heard.

Morpheus:It is true what many have you have heard!!!

Crowd: WOOOOOOOOO!!!

Andy Dick:Morpheus!!!!What can we expect of this orgy??!!!

Morpheus: Machines!!!!"

Priceless entertainment....ergo,Vi-sá-vi, concordantly. Irevocably.

too be honest i'm hoping against hope that no one has guessed the outcome, and that its going to be a "holy ****" movie experience.

which is so unlikely.

but it might happen.

as for the MTV parody, the architect speech is a classic. Fair play to village roadshow/warner for letting them use the material.

"uh huh, whats up G? You can't handle it."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭krattapopov

i do agree with you dangerboy, hopefully its gonna be a deadly turn around twisty mad ending that no one has predicted... but as you say probably not, im off to eat some tayto now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by dangerman
    as for the MTV parody, the architect speech is a classic.
    It's one of the funniest things I've seen all year. Apart from the rest of the skit, I thought the MTVarchitect was going to explode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

i did understand wat he was sayin(wit concntration) but maybe they should words that are used in everyday life!e.g. argo=therefore etc! its like the teacher gave him these words and said put these in a sentence!!!

Worst criticism ever.

Originally posted by Darko
    The look on Neos face when he was finished riding was hilarious.

This is all I could think about when I saw that scene:

dustneo.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭DMT

At last, an interesting possible theory on how The Matrix Revolutions will end:
    From the IMDB The Matrix Revolution Message Boards
    Here's what I've figured out from the second movie:

1. All six Matrixes are built in layers to keep the "One" cycle going in order to build a perfect "Matrix."

2. Neo is the newest "One" program, designed to gain information on the most complicated program the Matrix is having trouble simulating: love.

3. Smith has become a virus, and poses an emmense threat to not only the programming of the machines, but to the lives of everyone plugged into the Matrix.

4. The first Matrix film was about belief. When you walk out of the theatre, if you understand the story, you should feel like questioning the existence of yourself and everything around you. The second film was about understanding. When you walk out of the film, if you followed the story, you should be trying to understand why they ended the way they did. Based on theme of three fundamental truths in human living, the third film should be about acceptance, meaning that anything goes, and we'll have to accept it.

So here's the ending according to me.

Smith will infect both the Matrix and the Real World and the humans and machines will have to come to an agreement in order to fight the new threat. So while Smith infects the sentinels and uses them to attack Zion, Neo will be forced to go into the Matrix and shut down the Alpha Smith. As a result, the machine will have to follow the Oracle's advice and offer the humans choice once again. All six Matrixes will purge the humans minds back into their bodies and the great re-awakening will begin, with people like Trinity and Morpheus waking up in those pods. Neo however, will have to remain inside the Matrix since he himself a program and Trinity will have to choose whether she wants reality (what's she's been fighting for) or return to the Matrix to be with Neo. Either way, something major will happen that will test audience's ability to accept the inevitable at the ending. That's what I love about these movies - they seperate the thinkers from the people looking for a mindless action movie (I still laugh at the end of Reloaded each time everyone else lets out a groan!)

Another interesting aspect is that uninfected machines may even join the fight to save Zion as well.

As for characters like the Exiles, we all know that the Merovingians has been sought after by the previous "Ones," which makes me wonder if he IS the original "One." Or if Persephone is. ;:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

Joel Silver said in this months Empire, that basically the matrix story could easily continue after Revolutions, but its entirely up to the Wachowskis to do so. So take what you like from that.

Advertisement