Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

nice one stella!

• 13-10-2003 2:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭

went to see 12 angry men on saturday in kings inns law library, henrietta st., dublin. it was part of the stella screen tour, showing classic\cult films in fitting locations.
    when we got there, we were told we could get 2 free pints of stella per ticket, which is pretty cool. waiting in the lobby for the show to start, a small group of actors portraying a judge, garda and convict came shouting through the crowd towards the screening room.
    we entered a large hall, with stately paintings and great old architecture, and of course the screen. after taking our seats a judge mounted a podium to the right of the screen and briefed the crowd, just as in the movie, and there was even an actor in the audience who got very worked up and had to be forcebly removed by the garda.
    all very cool, and the effort put onto this production was very much apprecieted by the crowd, who just loved it.
    then the film. it's such a relief to be seeing a film with a group of people who have come to expressly watch a movie, not have a conversation or have sex in the theatre.
    the location added to the film and intensified the whole experience, making it much more memorable and effective.
    then, to top off an already superb night, we were told to collect our free 5 litre metal barrell of stella and t-shirt and key ring on the way out to our free buses to the city centre.
    being a student, i naturally got 2 kegs, which are proudly sitting in my room now (soon to be empty hopefully).
    well, i just wanted to let you all know that this kind of thing really does happen, and its great to be rewarded for being a film fan.
    i know ill be there next time stella do something like this.
    check it out

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 660 ✭✭✭anthonymcg

Yes, it was a great night alright. Thoroughly enjoyed the film and the atmosphere was great. Some pretentious eejit behind me kept clapping when someone on the jury expressed another opinion which was annoying.

Couldn't believe the free beer and t-shirts deal afterwards. Got 2 of the kegs aswell. All in all an excellent night and for once we weren't ripped off but rewarded.

Advertisement