Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car Stereo randomly switching Channels/functions

Options
  • 18-02-2015 9:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,289 ✭✭✭

Volvo S60

Keeps changing stations FM to cd player to whatever constantly

Not a one off thing

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Volvo S60

Keeps changing stations FM to cd player to whatever constantly

Not a one off thing

Is it Original radio? Mfsw fitted I presume?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,289 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Is it Original radio? Mfsw fitted I presume?

Yes to both

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

Ignition switch, like I keep saying :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭iamthemanwork

Ignition switch, like I keep saying :pac:

What would the ignition switch have to do with this fault ?

What would the ignition switch have to do with this fault ?

On a lot of cars, my own included, a faulty ignition switch can lead to rakes of electrical problems and one that's always highlighted is radios acting weird/switching channels etc. He's also having starting problems, which leads me to believe it's the ignition.

• Advertisement

On a lot of cars, my own included, a faulty ignition switch can lead to rakes of electrical problems and one that's always highlighted is radios acting weird/switching channels etc. He's also having starting problems, which leads me to believe it's the ignition.

I have repaired more than 25000 car radios and never had one where a fault in the ignition switch was the cause of fault described ...

I have repaired more than 25000 car radios and never had one where a fault in the ignition switch was the cause of fault described ...

Yes but what I'm saying is the radio might not be faulty, it could be the ignition switch acting up. I know on E39's a radio acting the bollox and other stupid electrical things occur due to a faulty switch.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,289 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Im down to two possible problems.

Ignition switch or alternator on way out, fitted a new battery two weeks ago so im thinking latter.

Radio only started switching modes/channels at will recently aswell as when i go to put on full beams i pull back stalk but they don't stay on like normal only when stalk is pulled back on *gigiddy*

Im down to two possible problems.

Ignition switch or alternator on way out, fitted a new battery two weeks ago so im thinking latter.

Radio only started switching modes/channels at will recently aswell as when i go to put on full beams i pull back stalk but they don't stay on like normal only when stalk is pulled back on *gigiddy*
    What model no. is written on front face of the radio.

Advertisement