Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Jump channel 4

Options
  • 18-01-2014 11:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭

So someone thought this would be a good idea. My mate Warren is doing the ski coaching for this but it can only be entertaining right??

http://youtu.be/b4jYG8--m9g

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,031 ✭✭✭prunudo

Looks interesting, normally can't stand 'celebrity' shows but I'll give this a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭CardinalJ

The advert for it is hilarious I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭hawkwind23

looking forward to this :)

heres the host with his 1988 jump, classic!!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/winter-olympics/25106561

Just a reminder that this is starting tonight at 8pm on ch4 or on ch4+1 at 9pm

Missed the first half. Was catching up on Eurosport.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭dogsears

That wasn't up to much. Not as bad as Splash but not far off it. Turns out people skiing poorly to moderately and jumping hardly any distance at all isn't gripping TV. :(

In my head they'd be going down a proper ski jump…… I don't know why I thought that could actually happen seeing as they'd die...

I thought tonight's was a better production than last night, was very sloppy yesterday.
    Ok it's not gripping tv but any winter sports on mainstream tv has to be a good thing. Just don't take it too seriously and it a bit of a laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭StompToWork

CardinalJ wrote: »
    The advert for it is hilarious I think.

It was the advert that sold me on it. Kinda disappointed that there isn't more falling and broken bones!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭fannymagee

CardinalJ that's exactly what I thought!! haven't seen it yet but.... I'm still kinda hoping??! Some people will do anything for a few lines in OK magazine ;-)

• Advertisement

yeah much better show tonight.

thought that girl that didnt jump looked a bit off her head , she wasnt with it at all.

Amy Williams was great and looking forward to her on the BBC Sochi team.

Warming up to be a decent show if it improves again tomorrow night.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,064 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Just stumbled across this this evening. Thought it was OK for what it is, and I do like the various events down the bob track, always a bit of excitement. Looks like the blokes going down it tomorrow will have some more hairy runs as they try to show off.

fairly knocking the celebs out!

cant wait till the close the 2 small jumps and see some real damage done :)

well that was car crash tv at its finest.

so unbelievably bad that it will probably gain cult status :)

WooHoo

New series coming soon!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/30408557

• Registered Users Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭Fattes

hawkwind23 wrote: »
    WooHoo

New series coming soon!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/30408557

Wazzer and Phil posted the other day about the first day training all the new z list victims, seemed pretty positive.

Thats mad , it knocked a few "celebrities" out last year :)
    im surprised they got the insurance to run it again.
    Bring it on for more carnage

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭AlternateID

Cleary it generates a stupid amount of revenue for channel 4 and as a result the z listers themselves. Sad really but entertaining to see them fail.

I would have thought eliminating some of these people was a social service to society as a whole!

• Advertisement

Well good to see there is going to be more destruction, we have overload of these type shows but i cant think of any that are dangerous and cause actual injury , was funny last year , they were dropping like flies!

In fairness most had never been on skis in their life , few lessons and they had to ski against the clock or bob-sleigh or speed skate , always gonna be casualties.

Anyways Sochi it wont be but im still looking forward to seeing some winter sports on Tv before ski sunday starts

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭fmlarnapairce

i loved it last year, have a wine/beer and watch them kill themselves. in fairness though, not sure I'd tackle that jump so fair play to them.

this year they really have to close the 1st jump after round one :)

same , i rarely watch tv and even less this sort of thing but its so bad its quality viewing.
    Seriously anyone never seen it , tune in ,its great
    hopefully eddie the eagle gets to be the star this year again

We have the real deal here in town next weekend on the steepest natural ski jump on the planet! Muggins here is side slippin the landing run!!! I am actually pooing my pants thinking about it!!!

http://skijumpingro.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/312179.jpg

is it on eurosport?
    michelle gisin did well yesterday in the slalom

is it on eurosport?
    michelle gisin did well yesterday in the slalom

Yeah its the biggest ski jump event of the year outside of the 4 hills.

I told you last year Michelle was the most talented of the 3 Siblings, Dominique won Swiss sportwomen of the year, Feddere won the male award last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭cormee

I reckon Steve-O will win it, that's if the cocaine didn't destroy the part of the brain responsible for balance.

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭AlternateID

cormee wrote: »
    I reckon Steve-O will win it, that's if the cocaine didn't destroy the part of the brain responsible for balance.

He's crazy enough to simply drop off the tallest jump. Did anyone last year?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭cormee

He's crazy enough to simply drop off the tallest jump. Did anyone last year?

All that Jackass gang were good skateboarders though. I reckon that experience would stand to him.

• Advertisement

He's crazy enough to simply drop off the tallest jump.

in his first practice run

Advertisement