Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Changing the radio in an old 05 passat

Options
  • 07-02-2015 5:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

I really miss not having an aux port. Is changing the radio a big job or is there a way I can have an aux port?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

big.bird84 wrote: »
    I really miss not having an aux port. Is changing the radio a big job or is there a way I can have an aux port?

What radio is in it? I'd say you can get a connects2 aux adapter that connects into the CD changer port on the back of the radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 big.bird84

Fresh Pots wrote:
    What radio is in it? I'd say you can get a connects2 aux adapter that connects into the CD changer port on the back of the radio.

The stock radio is in it. Thanks for that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 762 ✭✭✭PeteFalk78

I just changed out the old tape radio in my 01 Passat this week.

1) I needed to dicky up two tool clips to remove the old radio. To make DIY removal keys go here
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqNvhGTyT4z
    They are available in Halfords if you have problems with the above.

2) I bought the cheapest MP3 player on ebay.
    The power adaptor had a slightly different connection to the old radio so I needed to do a bit of rewiring. Again adaptors available in Halfords if you dont fancy rewiring - it was a bit tricky TBH.

3) Finally the antenna connector wasn't the same so I needed to get a small connector adapter in ......you guessed it Halfords.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

big.bird84 wrote: »
    The stock radio is in it. Thanks for that

Is this it?
    hqdefault.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Radio removal:

B5.5: 4 slits you insert blade keys into, pull radio out

B6: pull off fascia, 4 x T15 screws. Remove radio

• Advertisement
Advertisement