Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Oral Examiner Interview

Options
  • 15-01-2015 7:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi all,

I applied for oral examiner this year and i got a call today to say i have an interview next week. Ive been teaching Leaving Cert Irish for 7 years so i decided it was time that i applied!

What type of questions do they generally ask in these interviews?

This is my first time applying for the position so its all new to me! Any advice would be appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭Boober Fraggle

For me it was just a chat. He asked me about where I was from, where I went to college, and then tried to figure out if we knew people in common, then he asked me about them! At the very end he asked 'an bhfuil aon caitheamh aimsire agat?' which floored me!!

It's just to check out your grammar, fluency and confidence speaking the language. I know some people who had their interview on the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Smurphy2014

Ok thats great. I was thinking these would be the types of questions but was just curious! Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Bananaleaf

Hi there

Can I ask - what is the payment like for this post?

Is it any more worthwhile than correcting. I'm going to do it anyway for experience - late application as they are looking for examiners in my subject, they don't have enough. But just wondering if the renumeration will be worth it or not

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭Boober Fraggle

It depends how far you have to travel and on your own personal tax situation. I think it's around €8 per student, and you get around 80 students.

Advertisement