Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

''Aquiring network address'' Problem

• 27-09-2009 12:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭

My aunt asked me to look at her laptop yesterday. It was recently repaired by PC World. Everything is fine except it wont connect to the Eircom wireless router. Everything is ok on the router side and is working fine off the ethernet cable. On her laptop I piggybacked to the neighbours wireless with the default Eircom key and it looked like it was working only for a constant ''Aquiring network address'' message. It wont go any futher than that. I tried my own laptop on the connection and it worked fine.

Any ideas folks?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

If the signal is very weak then you can have that 'acquiring' message display for ages. Is her signal the same strength as your own laptop's signal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Broadband signal is excellant. Laptop worked fine before hand with the broadband.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 907 ✭✭✭bandit197

Dancor wrote: »
    It was recently repaired by PC World.

What exactly was repaired?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Acquiring network address loop usually means the encryption key is wrong, delete the wireless network and join again
    bandit197 wrote: »

My thoughts exactly, PC World don't employ anybody capable of even attempting to repair anything

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

I've had experiences with the netopias acting like this. Switching off the router and turning it back on cured it for me normally. Sometimes a computer restart was required too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

bandit197 wrote: »

It took a fall and needed the sceen replaced. It was insured, thats the only reason it went to PCW.
    PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Acquiring network address loop usually means the encryption key is wrong, delete the wireless network and join again

Thanks, will give it a try.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭whizgremlin

Im with PogMoThoin on this, definitely the network key is wrong :rolleyes:

Advertisement