Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Microsoft Word 2007 query - lost file

• 24-09-2009 3:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭

How do I find a file which it never asked to save? Ive just lost almost a full assignment for college!

Thanks for links/tips.

(The word document was not saved, clicked to close like I always do, and normally asked if I want to save, this time I wasn't asked, and basically cant find it again) Computer was shut down once in the meantime, as I was elsewhere doing the work).

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Had you saved it previously?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭mumof2

mumof2 wrote: »
    How do I find a file which it never asked to save? Ive just lost almost a full assignment for college!

Thanks for links/tips.

(The word document was not saved, clicked to close like I always do, and normally asked if I want to save, this time I wasn't asked, and basically cant find it again) Computer was shut down once in the meantime, as I was elsewhere doing the work).

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

You could download searchEverything.

Then search by file type that you want to find. Arrange the data by date modified.

I'd say the file is gone if you didn't save it.

You could download searchEverything.

Then search by file type that you want to find. Arrange the data by date modified.

I'd say the file is gone if you didn't save it.

Tried that, didn't work.:( Id say its gone too - and tbh, im not interested in doing the assignment all over again either.:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭Big Lar

It could be here if you have autosave switched on.
    C:\Users\Your user name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Word\

Autosave is switched on by default in office 2007

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭Big Lar

It could be here if you have autosave switched on.
    C:\Users\Your user name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Word\

Autosave is switched on by default in office 2007

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

Obtain undelete software. I used 'Recover My Files', and it can recover most things.

Kevster wrote: »
    Obtain undelete software. I used 'Recover My Files', and it can recover most things.

Just tried that. Giving up, as its costing me more time trying to find it again as opposed to typing out something quick - No way going to be as long as first attempt!!

Thanks everyone for your tips/linkys:D

Which undelete software did you use? I actually went out and bought a package.

Which undelete software did you use? I actually went out and bought a package.

www.winundelete.com

(in the meantime Ive typed out 800 words again for the assignment- so I better get a good mark!!:mad: - got fed up of packing to move house, so had to eat my words about not doing assignment again.......:o):D:D

• Advertisement

Things like this can be blessings in disguise. You usually end up doing the assignment/project better the second time around and feel more accomplished when you have done it.

Things like this can be blessings in disguise. You usually end up doing the assignment/project better the second time around and feel more accomplished when you have done it.

I couldn't agree more!! (in this case anyway:D:D) I rattled off my second attempt just to get rid of it, but found it much easier than my first attempt.:rolleyes:

Advertisement