Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D-Link DNS-320L Cloud Network

Options
  • 07-02-2015 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi All looking for some help here i recently bought a D-link Share Centre 2 Bay cloud network storage DNS 320L, I'm using it on a MAC, the reason i bought it was i want to be be able to save stuff to the drive and then access it from anywhere, mainly from iPads and iPhones etc through the app that is developed for same by D-link, however I'm struggling to use the bloody thing can anyone advise on which direction i should take this before i ring D-link, my understanding was that it was user friendly and more or less plug and play but this doesn't seem to be the case does my router need configuration? any help greatly appreciated. i can't even save to it from my MAC,??

Thanks in Advance no doubt i have left information out so if i have please feel free to ask me any questions and apologies if i have left basic info out?

Thanks

Noel

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭ObeyTheSuit

Hey man, I'd put this thread in some of the Home entertainment sections, you'll probably get more help there.
    Servers & systems is more for enterprise grade gear.

As for not being able to save to it, are you sure the file system is formatted for a MAC (HFS is the format I believe)? A Mac can't save to a Windows file system such as NTFS. So it may be user friendly for a P.C. This does not mean you can't use it for your mac but best you check that out first. As for troubleshooting, I can't help you much as I don't even own an Apple product.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

As it's a network drive the format type (NTFS, FAT etc.) doesn't matter. Most NAS units are formatted with a Linux Filesystem of some type and usually isn't accessible by the user.

Can you access the drive at all ? If you know it's IP address you should be able to access it from any web browser and access it's setting page, so if it's IP is 192.168.1.100 the open your browser and enter http://192.168.1.100 in the address line.

Once you know the IP address then click Go on the Finder menu on the Mac, then Connect To Server . . . and enter smb://<IP of the drive>. For example smb://192.168.1.100. This should present a list of available shares on the drive and may ask for authentication if that has been enabled.

If the drive supports Apple File Protocol (afp) the you can also enter afp://192.168.1.100 instead of smb://.

Ken

Advertisement