Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sending SMTP email from the US

• 28-09-2009 8:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭

I have a client who is in the Mirage Hotel in Vegas and looking to send emails. For some reason the sending address does not work. How will I find a valid SMTP server address for sending her email?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Quick option is a web based client like www.mail2web.com usually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭whizgremlin

thats very vague peter_b .....does she work there? is she using the hotels domain email a/c ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Find out who the internet provider for the hotel is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭i71jskz5xu42pb

I assume this is a person staying in the hotel. A lot of hotels (hell even a few ISPs) do not allow clients send outbound mail on port 25. This is done to prevent spambots getting the hotel's IP blacklisted.

Options to get around this are
    • Get her to change the port to something other than 25 (assuming your mail provider supports this).
    • VPN back to the office

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭Peter B

Hey,

Thanks for the reply. As it turned out it was not her outgoing port as I previously thought but actually that she had "Authorise outgoing messages" box ticked and when she unticked it it worked perfectly.

She was very reluctant to use her webmail. I can see her probably facing problems with her email wherever she is in the world if she sticks just using her mail client. Is it reasonable for a client to expect it possible to use their default mail client (in her case Mac Mail) anywhere around the world or are there some cases where she must use her webmail?

• Advertisement
Advertisement