Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sky + harddrive upgrade question..

• 24-01-2005 12:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 596 ✭✭✭

Just a quick question, I want to upgrade my harddive and i've seen the post on how to do it. My question is does the HD have to be 5400rpm or can it be a 7200rpm?

I'm having problems finding the slower speed one - komplett dont offer one.

Options\suggestions?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

DirtyDog wrote:
    Just a quick question, I want to upgrade my harddive and i've seen the post on how to do it. My question is does the HD have to be 5400rpm or can it be a 7200rpm?

I'm having problems finding the slower speed one - komplett dont offer one.

Options\suggestions?

Cheers
    This site is well worth a read http://www.hummer.co.uk/sky.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭slegs

its not so much the speed that is important but the power consumption...alot of drives will work but they may be overheating gradually and eventually they will fail..5400 drives in general need less power

on the site recommended in the previous post they suggest many suitable drives

also check on the Sky+ Forum on www.digitalspy.co.uk

i myself have put a Samsung SP1604N in my Pace v2 and its a 7200 RPM but it has a very low power requirement (almost the same as the original Maxtor drive I took out)..so far it works well and runs very cool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 596 ✭✭✭DirtyDog

Thanks guys, I'll give both sites a look over... :)

Advertisement