Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

moving house

• 18-01-2005 11:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭

Hi all,

I am moving house and would appreciate any advice on the dilemma I find myself in.

I have Prem plus along with the Sky sports world. However I think that when I am moving house it would be more feasible for me to take up a new offer under the wifes name (get a new reciever , dish etc) and leave the existing dish on the old house(too much hassle to get it moved and reinsatlled. However I have prem plus on my old card. If I cease my current account will the card still hold Prem plus as I have obviously paid for the season. If not what is the best solution?

Any help would be great!!

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭slegs

i was in a similar situation a few years back (except I didn't have Premplus - I would imagine this is nontransferable).

I got the new sub ubder the wifes name and got a free dish, digibox and installation. i then purchased a dual Sky lnb (quite cheap now I think) and got my hands on a FTV card from the UK. I then setup the house with the two boxes routed throught the attic with TV Link distributor (with channels changing on one box in the other rooms). You can change the RF frequencys so they appear on different channels.

One thought I had is that you could try to have a slightly different address that gets to the same place (how would sky know?) for your orignal sub so you could reduce to the minimum package and Premplus until it runs out and use this card in the second box instead if the FTV card..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭ice27

Thanks Sleggs,

That would work quite well seeing as I have a UK card,mark 2 which I got nearly 1.5yrs ago if not more ( how much longer will it last I wonder?). I could be okay , as I will reduce the sub I have now, ask the people in my old house just to forward any mail. I pay by direct debit anyway so the address is probably of no relevance, only for the mag and unless of course they want to set up Sky. I will still be the landlord of the old house so I probably will be able to keep tabs if they do. It would be an awful shame to loose the Prem plus with still half a season to go!

The other option is just to change the address of the existing sub to the mothers address as they have chorus and have no intention if getting in Sky.

The t.v distributor seems interesting. Where would I find out more on this?

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭slegs

I bought the TV Link distrib box and the dual lnb at www.satellitesuperstore.com from the UK but I am sure you can get these in Ireland also. Try www.satellite.ie ... have seen the TV Link box in bricks and mortar stores also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Prem Plus is non-transferable in that manner. Even if you unsubscribe to Sky Sports, you lose Prem Plus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭ice27

Hi all,

Thanks for the replies.

One final question! WIll my sky Prem work if I take out the card and use it in another box.

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Nope, the main subscription channels will only work in the original box the card was married to (i.e. your current Digibox) You would have to ring Sky to get them to activate your card in another box, but, IIRC, if it is cancelled in the other box...

Advertisement