Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

UPC 200mb broadband connection problem

Options
  • 12-12-2014 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi all, this is my first ever thread so i'm not sure if I put it in the right place..
    I have an Asus F551MA laptop with
    Wireless Lan: WiFi 802.11 b/g/n
    Network Card: 10/100/1000 Gigabit Fast Ethernet

When my laptop is connected directly to the Thomson TWG870 router provided by UPC, the speedtest result on UPC Speedtest is dowload speed: 78mbps upload speed: 20mbps
    However, when I do the speedtest when the laptop is connected to wifi, and in the same room as the modem, the results are:
    Download Speed: 4.03mbps (4026 kbps (503.3 KB/sec transfer rate) )
    Upload Speed: 16.69mpbs (16690 kbps (2086.3 KB/sec transfer rate) )
    Latency: 11 ms
    Jitter: 4 ms

Can anyone explain why this would be?? It's not even near the 200mb mark, i'd be happy if I could even reach 80mbps over wifi..

Advertisement